Problem w Perlicks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverfrontbrewer

Reaction score
Hey all-

So ever since I have had these Perlick faucets I have had a problem getting them to stop pouring. After a beer is dispensed and the handle put back in the "off" position it will drip or even have a small stream until I find some sort of sweet spot. It's like they are not sealing / seating properly. What the hell am I doing wrong here? With the same kegerator setup I never had this problem w the cheaper chrome faucets.

Any advise/anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

I had thought about that but thought I would put it out here first. I was thinking it was an operator error/something I don't have set right vs any kind of problem w the faucets.

I have had that problem too. Try taking out the o-ring that seals the ball and re-install it. It might just be slightly misaligned or not seated right. Also, make sure you have a fair amount of pressure on the line since that is what forces the ball into the o-ring to seal it.

525's?

I've had that problem on and off with my 525. A few weeks back, I bought some 425's and have not had the problem since.

The perlicks at my job do the same thing.. hmm....

and I was just thinking about picking up some perlicks for my home kegerator but it sounds like this is somewhat of a common problem..

Have had an occassional issue with mine as well. Seems to happen when I change kegs and there winds up with some excess CO2 (and not enough liquid in the lines). It'll slowly spitter and sputter it's way open :eek:

Thankfully it hasn't happened when I've been away, so I haven't lost much beer.

Something that seems to work is to clean them out really good (sometimes some hop particles can get on the forward sealing ball and not allow for a clean seal; and, when you tighten down the top nut, back it off a quarter turn. It seems if they're too tight they won't seal as well (seems counter-intuitive, I know, but it's worked for me).

I have never seen that. I can't tell you which model I have off the top of my head. I normally clean them each time I change kegs and make sure everything is clean and tightened the right amount. They seem to kind if "Snap back" into position, so even though I get a couple of drips, it's nothing worse than what I'd expect form beer remaining in the nozzle.

Mine are Brass colored Stainless with nozzles that screw off and on.

I had that same problem. For me it was that I had tightened the Tap handle shank down too tight. It was causing the arm to not be able to come all the way back fully.

Once I loosened the shank so it was not tight against the bottom of the faucet everything sealed up fine.

I can't link to it from my phone, but search for a thread called "Perlick faucet leak - help pls". There's a link to a parts list and a suggestion to tighten part #7, and that worked for me.

I have the EXACT same problem. Ever since I got my Perlick faucets, the beer keeps flowing out. I mean as long as I have my glass under it. I just cant seem to stop it. I just keep filling my glass up and drinking more. Maybe it is just me, but I dont like to see my Perlicks in the off position. It means I am not drinking a brew...

Sorry to threadjack :)

Are you sure you don't have the Perlick Creamer faucets? They are designed to pull forward to dispense and back to cream. Off is just forward of cream. In hindsight, they are a real pain if people don't know that they're creamers since most are used to all the way back being off. But, they are what I have so I'm going to live with them.

Jaz

Back