One Gallon Recipe Help/Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoehner

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just picked some fresh hops that some friends had growing in their back yard that I didn't know about. Anyways, I didn't get much, I think after drying I will have around 1.25oz or so. I would like to make a one gallon batch so that I could give them the 8 or so beers I get out of it, and then next year make a real batch. I don't have the money to buy Beersmith, and right now I am an Extract with Grains buy who is going to go to PM for my next batch. Because of the size I can do a larger (actually kind of want to) since my fermenter will fit in my fridge.

SO, that being said, if you guys could help me out I would appreciate it. The only other condition is that I know the people I will be giving this too are not huge IPA fans. Thanks a ton in advance.:mug:

I guess I was just looking to see if anyone had some one gallon recipes that they have used before. I know it is hard since I have no idea what kind of hop these are, but I figured I would just wing it and see how it turns out. I am going to be e-mailing HopUnion to see if they might be able to help me out.

Any beer recipe can be scaled down to 1 gallon. You can look through the recipe databse, or this section for inspiration.

One of the easiest things to do is a SMaSH...A single malt and single hop beer. It's a good way to get a handle on flavors of hops and grains. They can be a whole range of ibus from malty, through balanced into bitter/ipa realm.

Latest posts

Back