Austin Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarMoeCur

Reaction score
:rockin: A thumbs up to them. I just received my first order and I am very pleased. Everything was packed in sealed bags. Order was perfect. Shipping is as good as it can get! I'm in the one day zone for ground. I still like to handle my own grains just to make sure everything is on the money and there is nothing like looking around a LHBS for little things you might have forgotten like line cleaner :drunk: Oh well I need make another order anyway.

I do miss Homebrewmart in San Diego:( The birth place of Whitelabs Yeast for homebrewing. They always had great beer on tap to sample. A couple of 4 oz samplers always made the tip to the LHBS an adventure:mug:

A good LHBS is a wonderful thing. I really miss the Oak Barrel in Berkeley, CA There's nothing up here that compares in size, selection or friendliness. I suspect the Oregon Liquor Control Commission prevents giving out any samples. Also, homebrewing is very, very serious up here. I brewed for 5 years in California and never even heard about BJCP.

I've been in a bumbed out beer mood lately because of these stupid Texas laws. I got so spoiled in San Diego and Seattle. There were great mircobreweries everywhere. San Diego had Stone, Balist Point, Karl Strauss, Coronado Brewing co., even that Gordon B something place. All great beers! Seattle had Pyramid right next to the ball parks. Pikes brewery, Red Hook ect.

SOUTHERN TEXAS HAS NOTHING!!

I plan to kick my brewing into overdrive and have kegs of all my favorites. So, as my moods change so will the kegs.

I have always loved AHB, except for their kegging supplies... it seems like they are lacking in that area a bit... there kits are a good price, but northern brewer has them slightly less expensive, with the kit including the yeast...

Back