$100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100 to spend for as gift what should I buy. have AG and must supply's just want some Ideas

It would probably help if you gave some indication what you already have. There's a ton of stuff I could buy, but I also have a ton of stuff in the first place.

Is there any part of your brewday/fermentation that you think is holding you back? (e.g. Chilling times, not enough fermenters to brew as much as you want, etc.)

have everything for ag keg brew pot, 10gl mash ton ect. and kegerator enough kegs to be happy for now thinking of more if you know where to find for cheap. maybe the best beer you can thing off.

stir plate for yeast or temp controller for fermentation!

You can always unload the kegerator and change it to ferment temp if you want to skimp (although this gets REALLY OLD really fast, ask me how I know!).

I agree with this if you don't have it. Stir plates are awesome. I suppose this is a gift card? You could get a pound of some neat hop variety for 20 bucks if it isn't, and then make a really interesting beer with it.

I totally understand that at some point, all the big "improvements" in gear you could make cost a lot more than 100 bucks.

You going to be near Nevada any time soon?
They will rent entertainment there that's not legal to pay for elsewhere!

estricklin said:
Temp control gets my vote.

This, hands down. JohnsonA419 for under $60 at pexsupply.com and a $20-$50 fridge from CL and your beer goes to the next level!

This, hands down. JohnsonA419 for under $60 at pexsupply.com and a $20-$50 fridge from CL and your beer goes to the next level!

$60? Psh too rich for my blood. Ebay aquarium digital temp controller (STC-1000) for under $30. :mug:

+1 to fermentation temperature control. After that, a stirplate and bigass erlenmyer. After that, oxygen system.

Brewers make wort, yeast make beer. Treat your yeast well before you buy anything for the brewer.

- Get 100 spicy chicken sandwiches from Carl's Jr. (Or Hardees). Of course, taxes might bring this a bit over the budget.
- 5 Lapdances
- Break it up into 100 individual dollar bills and roll around naked in bed tonight with them before the world ends (Or did it already?)

Yep, but you need (should have) a relay on the compressor side.

No you shouldn't, why would you think that? The specs on the unit say the internal relays are good for 10 amps, if you open it up and look at them they're actually rated at 15 amps.

As mentioned:
Stir plate for starters. Nothing like being able to quickly build up a healthy starter.
Oxygenation to get a good start on fermentation. Great for prolific propagation of the yeast right before they go on a feeding frenzy.
Temp control for fermentation. In most cases you will be able to control the flavor profile of your beer.
Those three things will take your beer from good to great in one batch.

Back