First 80 shilling Scottish ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcvay131

Reaction score
Check it out

image-3788668459.jpg

It's a partial mash I have another one fermenting that will be a little lighter in color

That looks Awsome, man. Mine came out with very little head and a dark tan/mahogany color. Is it really that dark or does it appear that way due to the lack of back lighting? From the photo it looks almost like a stout. Please post a taste so we can evaluate further. :) I found that the kettle caramalization made a big improvement in taste. Gave it a light smoky taste that gets better with age. Did you caramalize?

Lol well I'm pretty new to this but it's pretty malty and thick like a Guinness and ya that's the actual color it came out darker that I thought it was going to. It came out with a 7% abv also witch it was only suppose to be 5%.

And I don't know if I carmalized I've never heard of carmaling be fore

And did you age yours at room temp or let it chill in the fridge for awhile so it doesn't over carb

Back