Simple hoppy recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamminis

Reaction score
I am looking for a good hoppy recipe that is fairly temperature tolerant for the ferment. Just moved to the desert and the a/c went out but it is getting fixed this coming week ferment temp will be somwhere between 72-77 degrees. Anyone have any suggestions. I am currently looking for a fridge so I can put a temp controller on it but on a shoestring budget atm any help would be greatly appreciated.:D

Another possibility is to use a cooler. I purchased a 70at Igloo cooler from Target that fits my bucket and a 5 gallon carboy. My temps in the condo have avg about 83 degrees for bit and with water and ice packs, I was able to keep the brew at a constant 66 degrees. The cooler I bought was $45 but others have used the 60qt from Walmart that runs about $25.

Might look for Belgian IPA recipes, I know they are out there. Basically a hoppy beer that you ferment with a Belgian yeast which can handle the high temps.

Pick an APA recipe & use Nottingham. It is one of the most heat-tolerant yeasts & with a moderate gravity ale, you don't have to worry as much about generating heat.

Thanks for all the help guys I will use some of the cooling methods and also try looking into making the recipes yall suggested.

another cooling method in my signature, that requires central a/c vents on or close to the floor.

Back