Today's Hop Additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_Mike

Reaction score
Any guesses?

ForumRunner_20120109_141540.jpg

Gigan said:
One bowel of Cascades and eight bowels of Puppy Chow!

Hops and puppy not good. And it's bowls not bowels, really wouldn't want to put anything from my bowels into my beer

ForumRunner_20120109_143119.jpg

Bella the brew dog

Someday I might find myself brewing a IIPA. I like hops. But at this point, having a mild, two bitters, and a Belgian Pale Ale under my belt, I can honestly say that you are using more hops in that one beer than I have used in my entire brewing career. I guess you have to do something to make life in Strasburg interesting. (I have family in Brush, so I get to make the Eastern Plains cracks.)

HerbieHowells said:
Someday I might find myself brewing a IIPA. I like hops. But at this point, having a mild, two bitters, and a Belgian Pale Ale under my belt, I can honestly say that you are using more hops in that one beer than I have used in my entire brewing career. I guess you have to do something to make life in Strasburg interesting. (I have family in Brush, so I get to make the Eastern Plains cracks.)

You just made me spit the big Russian I am drinking all over my phone.

Yes it is a AIIPA eSMaSH. Hop additions at 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5 and at flame out. Cascades is the hop of the day. Next Monday maybe Saaz or Amarillo.

At the rate I am going I may have my green beer for st paddies day

Wow you're doing a Hop count down. I just did a double-ish IPA as well last night. used 6oz in the boil and I'll do 1oz more to dry Hop it. I used Simcoe, Amarillo, and Centennial. Yeast is going to town now!

Gigan said:
Wow you're doing a Hop count down. I just did a double-ish IPA as well last night. used 6oz in the boil and I'll do 1oz more to dry Hop it. I used Simcoe, Amarillo, and Centennial. Yeast is going to town now!

Have a total of 8oz, 7 of it went in and the last ounce will be used to dry hop.

Back