Next beer, saison or weisse or something else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asterix404

Reaction score
So I am torn. The ambient temp is now hitting in the mid 70 inside and it's currently about 68 in my basement. I want to brew a beer and the only two styles I can think of to do are a saison/farmhouse ale or a weisse beer. I have plenty of ingredients for each and I really love weisse beers but I don't know if this is too hot.

I am too busy to do anything fancy like swamp cool etc and I am actually trying out seasonal brewing but I don't know what beer to brew in the high heat in the summer in NE. Mind you, this is not nearly as hot as other places, I gladly admit, but it will be 90 today and the apartment will get to about high 70's and cool to low 70's tonight. It will be like this for a while. The basement floor however doesn't seem to get much above 68 as it's basically 6ft underground and all dirt. Other suggestions are welcome as well.

Cheers,
~Ben

That is probably a little too warm and too uncontrolled for a Weiss. Maybe better on a wit. You could really do any sort of Belgian beer and be ok. That would allow you room to do a Belgian blond, dubbel, tripel, saison, etc.

Oh interesting idea. Wow, I have never seen anything close to getting the FG down to 1.000. Saison it is!

I would go with a saison. Thats my next brew. You might as well take advantage of the higher temps. I have a room setup for 75-80*F which should work out well for it.

beerloaf

Back