SHould I wait or bottle now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnurse

Reaction score
OK, so this is my first brew and I have made a few mistakes already. But my beer is just fine! I brewed a kit from more beer extract with grain. The OG I am not too sure what it was exactly, but would guess at 1.070? I know pretty high, had only four and half gallons in primary after boil. Anyway , transfered to secondary after about a week, and then it took off again. Now it is three weeks in and had slowed considerably. Airlock activity about every minute. I have just been checking the SG and It is at 1.020 two days ago and now it is at 1.018 or so. I will check it again tomorrow and see.

What do you think , should I leave it go a little longer and maybe check it next week? Or keep checking it every day or so and see if it levels out? thanks for the help !

:mug:

It needs a little time yet. Still some action and your a bit low on the yeast's likely attenuation...right now your at 73%

Back