New piece of equipment. Skateboard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boy

Reaction score
Since I'm brewing by myself today and do not have anyone to help move my keggle and fermenter into place I decided to break out an old friend to help. I've had this long board forever but lately it only gets use moving freezers, washers, dryers etc. Moving the keggle and the fermenter for a 12 gallon batch with it though is making me pat myself on the back. Highly recommend borrowing your children's or using your own if you have one. Made the lifting and moving to brew outside so much easier.

3ca2d66d.jpg

But what happens when you hit a little rock and the skateboard screeches to a halt? I sucked at skateboarding.

Moved the pic.
3ca2d66d.jpg

The longboard works great since the wheels are much bigger and softer than normal skate wheels. Mine will roll right over an area rug and through a sliding glass door frame(open) without stopping.

Yep, I do it too, i would suggest moving the keg back over the rear wheels of the board. Then you can kick turn the front wheels up and turn sharp 90's turns around the house. I also have a HF moving dolly, both have pros and cons. As with any dolly/ you still have to hold the load like you are carrying it and let the dolly do the heavy work. Clean driving record knock wood.:mug:

Back