Honey & Cider Local Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven_b

Reaction score
For you Hard Cider and Mead makers in Western Washington, where do you source your honey and fresh cider?

My wife loves hard cider so I have to have cider in the pipeline at all times and I just started my first 5 gallon batch of mead.

Thanks.
:mug:

Look for apple orchards and see if they sell it. I know Bellewood Acres in Bellingham sells straight cider, I think it's about $6 a gallon. Minea Farm in Redmond does too, but I've never been there. Their website mentions different flavors so it may be pre-spiced.

I'd check farmer's markets for Honey, I'm pretty sure that's where my BIL gets it for his mead, and it saves him quite a bit going straight to the beekeeper.

I went to minea in Redmond last weekend. Their cider was 9.75/gal. They had three ciders from different apples: Honeycrisp, Aurora, and Spartan. I decided to only get 1gal for drinking sweet. Just seemed too pricy for hard cider.

Back