lagunitas nuevo noir

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drengel

Reaction score
anyone tried this? its in bombers right now as a seasonal. i think its great, as good of a belgian style brown ale as ive ever had, although ive never been to belgium. 6.6 abv- a couple of these can get you through a cold fall night of camping.

I'll keep an eye open for it. We've just started getting beers above 6%abv here in NC so there are lots of new things to try. BYO had a clone of the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout that I'm thinking about giving a whirl...

It's pretty good. Kind of a Chimay taste, but not quite as smooth. I'm not a big fan of Belgian beers, but I liked this one. I don't know if that would be considered a good or bad thing. :) I highly recommend the Lagunitas Cappuccino stout though, that one is quite tastey.

i need to try that cappucino stout, hopefully i'll be able to find it here in Durango. Getting seasonals from breweries outside of colorado can be hit or miss out here. i think thats because theres too damn many breweries here, they take up all the shelf space, but im not complaining.

Lagunitas IPA quickly became one of my microbrew favorites. Just found another that I rate right along side it... Terminal Gravity Brewing's IPA rated at 6.7$ ABV. I would say both are close on IBU's, but each distinctively different. TG has a darker amber color. A small head that lasts a long time.:D
I definitely give this a thumb's up.

haven't seen it (and probably won't here in Texas!). but thanks for the heads-uo. i'll keep an eye out for it.

Terminal Gravity Brewing is located in Enterprise Oregon. Both that and Lagunitas are impressive enough that I will be grabbing 6 packs of anything they make. Their bottle only indicates the .05 Oregon deposit. So, my guess is that it is domestic to Oregon only. But, I would expect them to expand rapidly with such a great product. There are some really good microbrews. Just hope the major brewers don't take them over and put an end to them.

Lagunitas "dog town pale ale" was one of my favorite beers. thier IPA is alittle alcoholic for my taste, but thier dogtown i think is one of the best IPA's out there.
im in virginia now and cant find it around here, although they do sell anderson valley's "hop ottin" IPA which is pretty good too.
does anyone have a clone for thier dogtown pale ale? Lagunitas used to put thier brewers specs on the labels, including O.G., hops, and malt they used but that was like ten years ago.

I don't know about the pale ale, but a clone for the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout was featured in BYO several months ago. Maybe they would give you the specs if you asked for formulating your own clone?

Maybe they would give you the specs if you asked for formulating your own clone?[/QUOTE]

a friend of mine asked them how to make thier IPA, and the guy just said "its all in the procedure" and wouldnt divulge thier "procedure".
i lost his email address, so icant get in touch with him. we were sitting in a bar and this guy came in with a bunch of lagunitas coasters and they had the ingredients on them, my friend kept one, but i didnt. this was in '99 i think.

Back