Aeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riles8148

Reaction score
I just realized a week after I finished up a batch of Canadian ale that I forgot to aerate the wort prior to pitching the yeast. Fortunately the air lock is busy with bubbles but I am wonder if this lapse I had will affect the batch. I am planning on just testing the FG after 3 weeks to see where I am.....anyone else do this before?

I used to forget all the time, don't sweat it. If your beer turns out bad it's because you worried too much... don't worry have a homebrew.

Well,did you pour it roughly into the FV? Did you stir it up to get the wort & top off water mixed? If you did any of these,it'd be aerated at least a little bit. They say dry yeast doesn't need aerating,but I refuse to believe that. Once it's wet,it doesn't any different.

How did you move it to primary? I bed you got some aeration during transfer. It should be ok even if you did not get any aeration. It would be better with but it will probable still be good beer.

Yea I poured it out of the kettle and then added water after....sounds good. Thanks for the ease of mind fellas

Latest posts

Back