Special Occasion Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since moving to Chicago three years ago I have one bottle of beer left from each batch, including the ones I've kegged, except for the first batch I did which was lost from an accident involving my refrigerator's subtle vibrations, time and gravity.

I have no idea when, why or how I should drink these last remaining bottles. Any ideas? Do any of you guys do something similar?

I have been saving two or three bottles from each batch as well. I am thinking about doing a tasting of them on a special day (birthday, holiday, etc) or maybe even trying them at 6 months from brew, 1 year from brew, etc.

I have a few high alcohol brews tucked away too, including my barleywine that is over 8 years old. Saving that for just an occasion you mention. I attempted saving average strength brews and, obviously, they don't last as long as their higher strength brethren.

Ya, some of them are surely way past their "freshness" date, but it would still be fun to crack one open from 2-3 years ago and see whats happened since then. There's a lot of sentimental attachment to brewing, IMHO, as you spend a decent amount of each year waiting to try each batch, especially if you bottle.

I think I'll stop being so sentimental and crack some open on a special occasion I see fitting.

Back