Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ritebrew worth a look too...

I have to agree if you live in the Midwest Ritebrew's shipping is stupid fast. I ordered fittings, tappers, keg connects etc.. for a 3 tapper keezer build and got the item the following day using their Speedee shipping method. Best part was it was the shipping cost was discounted to just under $2.

Everything I find on there is really hard to find another vendor with a better price if they you can its usually a minor difference.

There are gaps in their catalog in that they may not carry as much as another vendor in those cases I purchase the items elsewhere. But for 90% of what I'm looking for they are my go to vendor.

Ld Carlson, hop union, BSG - brewers supply group (definitely for hops, but other stuff too). I think these are the main suppliers my LHBS uses. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ld Carlson, hop union, BSG - brewers supply group (definitely for hops, but other stuff too). I think these are the main suppliers my LHBS uses. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks much!! Added to my list of stuff......

Did Austin Homebrew recently stop offering their $7.99 shipping option. I have an order worth about $60 in the cart, but they want $17 for the the cheapest shipping!

$7.99 seems an awful lot for shipping. If you have a couple minutes, just for fun re-do your order at MoreBeer and see what it comes to. Over $59 is free shipping.

$7.99 seems an awful lot for shipping. If you have a couple minutes, just for fun re-do your order at MoreBeer and see what it comes to. Over $59 is free shipping.

Other than hops, I order everything from MoreBeer. (No local source out here in the hinterlands.) Their combination of competitive pricing and free shipping (pretty darn fast shipping at that) is hard to beat. Getting 50 or more pounds of grain in 10lb. bags at a little over a buck a pound delivered is pretty hard to beat.

Some things that are bulky or fragile (grains and carboys) aren't covered by their shipping policy. I would contact them about it though if you don't have something like that in the cart.

They, MoreBeer, will ship 10lb bags of grain, as many as you want, for free over $59 but not a 50lb sack. I buy most other big things... carboys, my mill at the LHBS to support them.

Did Austin Homebrew recently stop offering their $7.99 shipping option. I have an order worth about $60 in the cart, but they want $17 for the the cheapest shipping!

Yeah, it looks like it. I guess their deal with UPS fell through.

Right now they are running a free shipping special on all orders over $59 though, but only for a few days I believe.

That sucks though because without the fixed price shipping, I'm really not interested in ordering from them. I tend to order a lot of stuff at a time, and that $7.99 rate wasn't a bad deal for me.

I'm amending my earlier comments about getting orders the next day from MoreBeer. The last couple of orders have taken days. My current order was placed on 9/4 early in the morning. I was expecting to be brewing today but the order has just hit FedEx so I won't see it until Monday. I guess good things do come to an end. They don't promise it next day but being close it worked out to that. I think they just got too busy... I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm amending my earlier comments about getting orders the next day from MoreBeer. The last couple of orders have taken days. My current order was placed on 9/4 early in the morning. I was expecting to be brewing today but the order has just hit FedEx so I won't see it until Monday. I guess good things do come to an end. They don't promise it next day but being close it worked out to that. I think they just got too busy... I should have kept my mouth shut.

You should probably read the fine print next time. I just recently ordered from them and it clearly said it could take 2 to 3 days to process the order because of the method of shipping I selected aka free. Once it hit FedEx I got my order the next day. The PA warehouse didn't have the Munich malt I ordered and I still got it from the CA warehouse in the expected amount of time.

You should probably read the fine print next time.

I do know how long it takes to get an order from MB. They have been my main mail order company. In past posts I comment on if I place an order by 10am the order is sitting on my porch by 11am the next day. I was just saying that lately it has gone to normal shipping so someone reading my post doesn't expect next day. But then who plans a brew tomorrow, today?

I do know how long it takes to get an order from MB. They have been my main mail order company. In past posts I comment on if I place an order by 10am the order is sitting on my porch by 11am the next day. I was just saying that lately it has gone to normal shipping so someone reading my post doesn't expect next day. But then who plans a brew tomorrow, today?

Nobody should expect free overnight delivery. It's unrealistic really. Nowhere on their site do they guarantee that. I have got orders from them next day and thought it was great. The last time I ordered from them was on the 3rd and when selecting the shipping option it specifically said it would take 2 to 3 business days with the free shipping method to process the order. I received the email that my item was shipped on the 5th and got it on the 6th.

Overall I find them my best bet for grains since I dont have a real lhbs. They ship 10lb bags of grain for free with minimum purchase. It would cost the same to get a 50lb sack delivered as it would ordering 5 different 10lb bags of grain from MB. I singled them out so I could get a varietty. My last order was 20lbs of 2 row, 10lbs of vienna, and 20lbs of munich. I also tacked on a 1lb of rice hulls to get me over $59.

No where in any of my posts did I say I expected free overnight delivery. And I'm leaving it and this thread at that.

I went into because of this statement by you.

My current order was placed on 9/4 early in the morning. I was expecting to be brewing today but the order has just hit FedEx so I won't see it until Monday.

You said you were expecting. Maybe I misinterpreted that.

I went to this cozy little coffee and beer bar last night in Cold Spring NY and realized that they just opened a home brew supply shop too!

It is small but offers tons of grains, both by the pound and bagged. The hop & yeast selection is second to none... hard to find hops & fresh yeast are not a problem!!!
They also offer unique 1 gallon extract recipe kits too.
If your in the area I suggest taking a spin over and stocking up.
http://https://www.facebook.com/coldspringcoffeepantry
The Pantry Coffee, Beer & Home Brew shop

I shop a number of online brew supply sources depending on what I need. Some seem to specialize in some things.

My local HBS store has been run by the same husband & wife beer brewing couple for many years, and they have authored a number of books on homebrewing and recipes.

IMO, their real specialty is their recipes. They have some awesome clone brews that I've done that are absolutely fantastic. They sell almost everything you could need, but the recipe kits are really fantastic, and it seems they have recipe kits for lots of unusual beers.

Maltose Express: http://www.maltosecart.com/

Mark n Tess at Maltose are good people. I've been buying from them since they opened their doors down the road from where they're now back in 1992 or so. Dam I'm old.

Can't wait until their brewery opens.

I always try to support local shops unless they suck.

We also have a bottle and supply shop near Boise, ID.

9115 W. Chinden Blvd. Suite 105
Garden City, ID 83705
208-353-1438

Competitive pricing is coupled with knowledgeable customer service. Just ask the locals!

Has anyone mentioned Brewmasters Warehouse? Anyone in the Southeast might want to consider them, especially Georgia residents. Very speedy.

It seems Not So Much any more... I have been using them regularly and, of late, they have gotten VERY slow. My current order was placed 8 days ago and has not shipped yet...

I'd love to find someplace that has Weyermann LME. I found all the German grains & yeast at Midwest. But the German LME was only available from a HBS in NYC & they ran out & don't know if/when they'll get anymore. Otherwise, my dampfbier version two is really close to the traditional beer from the Hallertau region. :mug:

It seems Not So Much any more... I have been using them regularly and, of late, they have gotten VERY slow. My current order was placed 8 days ago and has not shipped yet...

I ordered from them ~May 2014 and everything was lightning fast and you cannot beat the shipping cost. I then placed an order the first of this month and it took 2 weeks and 5 phone calls for my items to ship.

I started using Rebel Brewer, I had to pay $6.00 more for shipping but I had my order at my house the next day. If I can wait a few days I will use Jasper's, they offer $7.99 shipping.

Morebeer's pretty fast for me here in Ohio, since they have a warehouse in PA. I order before 5PM & it's here the next morning. They're based in Cali as well.

I search all of my favorites and find the best price..... They all seem to have their pros and cons. I am hard to disappoint. If I am ordering it online I don't expect to see it for 5 to 7 days! If it's on backorder and I still buy it.... all delays are on me. Been burned by back orders and I have learned that there are too many folks involved.... it's bound to get screwed up somewhere down the line!

Has anyone used HopHouse brewing supply? I saw them on Instagram only sell hops but the prices look ok. Just wondering about the quality.

I made an order with Northern Brewer last month. Everything was great, didn't use any of the new brew equipment until last weekend. I discovered two of the items were defective. Called them up, gave them the info, they shipped out replacements immediately. Easiest time reporting an issue ever with any company. I am now a loyal customer. I can't speak highly enough of the value of good customer service.

Farmhouse brewing supply has the best prices for hops and grain and the best quality and they list the crop year for each hop but for LME the best site I've seen is More beer

Sometimes, we all have to search amazon for ingredients we can't fins elsewhere, or wanna save some money on. I was watching fox8 news this morning, & found out Amazon is coming to Columbus, Ohio soon. So now we'll have to pay state tax on purchases. So much for amazon prime, if I have to pay state tax too...:mad:

Even with paying state tax Prime is damned hard to beat. Prime's a lot more than free/cheap shipping. The movies and music are nice to have access to.

Sometimes, we all have to search amazon for ingredients we can't fins elsewhere, or wanna save some money on. I was watching fox8 news this morning, & found out Amazon is coming to Columbus, Ohio soon. So now we'll have to pay state tax on purchases. So much for amazon prime, if I have to pay state tax too...:mad:

Amazon hasn't even built its Minnesota distribution center yet, but we're already paying sales tax in anticipation of it. Amazon just tacked it on in advance to keep the political heat off them here.

Don't worry, you'll be paying OH taxes on purchases before they even break ground. :mad:

I hate the thought of paying the sales taxes too, but it's really not fair to the local/state brick and mortar stores that they have to tack on these taxes while Amazon and othe online retailers avoid them altogether. At some point I suspect all online sales are going to be subject to state/local taxes, it's the fair thing to do.

I'm sure they've been brought up before here in this thread, but I wanted to give a shoutout to homebrewing.org (Adventures in Homebrewing). I've ordered from them almost exclusively for about a year now and am a huge fan. If you are a Michagander like myself, if you spend over $50, it's $5 flat rate, and my orders almost always get here within 2 business days. Plus, they have a discount program based on how much you spend. Ocassionally they don't have what I need and they don't tend to get a lot of newer hop varieties in, but the vast majority of the time they fit the bill quite nicely.

Latest posts

Back