Conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you gotta, you gotta, but it's gonna be pretty green yet, and probably not bubbly at all. Personally I'd wait till 10 days if you used corn sugar, a week longer if you used DME to prime.

It's tough to preach patience and actually have a newbie get it.

Drink your stuff now and you will regret not having it later on down the road when it really is at it's best. I brew my Hefe's right after the 1st of the year so that they can be enjoyed in the summertime.

loop

I use corn sugar to prime my brews too. I find that at around 2-3 weeks youll get the carbonation needed for drinking. Having said that, youll get a much better beer the longer it sits. I usually cant wait either so i try one at the 2 and 3 week marks and usually start drinking when its conditioned one month.

Mike's Brew and Brat said:
My bad, I bottled the Hefeweizen on the 4th. I brewed the Fat Tire on the 11. Sorry about that. So think it may be good then?

:eek:
At 12 days they should be pretty close...definately give one a try, and congrats on your patience.

loopmd said:
I brew my Hefe's right after the 1st of the year so that they can be enjoyed in the summertime.
I've always read that wheat beers are best consumed fresh? But if you're getting the taste you're looking for that's all that matters. I usually go through wheats pretty quickly, so haven't had a chance to notice the affects of aging.

I am with BeeGee. My Hefs don't last very long around here. I have not had the patience to let one age :drunk:

Back