Favorite commercial beer? Just for fun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In no particular order:

Schlafly AIPA
Sweetwater IPA
Bell's Two Hearted
New Belgium Ranger
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
Odell Myrcenary DIPA

I love hops. I'm actually trying to move on from buying just IPAs, but I'm finding it pretty hard to do.

Bear Republic Racer 5
Russian River Brewing Blind Pig
Russian River Brewing Pliny
21st Amendment Bitter American
Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Mammoth Mountain Brewing IPA 395 (when i can find it...)
Chimay Red, Blue or White
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

When I was in HS, it was "The Beast" Milwaukee's Best, because it was 7 dollars for a case!!! It still cost us 20 to my friends brother to buy it for us. Memories!!!

Yuenling is the preffered swill around here. I like most of long trails offerings, guinness, chimay, dos equis, and sam adams seasonals. I'm very jealous of california's beer drinkers.

Caucasian said:
Yuenling is the preffered swill around here. I like most of long trails offerings, guinness, chimay, dos equis, and sam adams seasonals. I'm very jealous of california's beer drinkers.

Where are you at? Yuengling country is PA, there is as many beer options here as anywhere imo.

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse, what got me started on "good" beer many many years ago.
Founders Dirty Bastard and Imperial Stout
DFH India Brown Ale
Ten Fidy
Hoegaarden, when the weather is HOT!!
Yeti Imperial Stout
Chimay Red and Blue
Production drinking is Coors Light@ 33 degrees, pulled from the bottom of a cooler, filled with ice and water, where your arm and hand hurt from the cold
:mug: :mug: :mug: :mug: :mug: :mug: :mug:

Killian's Irish Red
Firestone Velvet Merlin
Leine's Red
Abita Amber

Hot afternoon of yard work:
Lienenkugel's Summer Shandy
Good Old Miller Lite

Sierra Nevada kellerweiss, hacker pschorr weiss, franziskaner weiss, new Belgium mothership wit, magners hard cider, strongbow, new glarus Belgium red....
And leinenkugels berry Weiss, and wild blue.

Don't criticize.... I'm a girl, I like fruity sweet stuff.

All that love for Hefe and you left our Dancing Man from nearby New Glarus.

Guinness, Guinness, and more Guinness. Can with the widget or on tap are the only ways. Had some right at St. James Gate in Dublin... Amazing. Wish I remembered the trip.

St. Bernardus abt. 12,
Westmalle Tripel,
Georg Schneider's Wiesen Edel-Weisse,
Pizza Port Wipe Out IPA
Caldera IPA (can)
Ballast Point Sculpin IIPA
Russian River Pliny the Elder IIPA
Lindeman's Cuvee Rene Gueuze

When I'm feeling cheap, Bud heavy baby!

I also go with Miller Lite if I'm cheap and want a Lite beer. Miller Lite has the most flavor or all light beers.

Dan's Pale Ale is a staple when I'm not being frugal or I try something I've never had before.

At the moment Sierra Nevada Summerfest, can't get enough of the stuff..SNPA is my go to beer otherwise.

St. Peter's Golden Ale and English Ale, Sweetwater's Georgia Brown Ale, Sweetwater's IPA, Sam Adams Black Lager, Sam Adams Honey Porter, Leffe's Belgian Ale, Chimay Red, Sweetwater's Festive Ale, DFH Indian Brown Ale.

Yuengling= Lager, Black & Tan, and Lord Chesterfield Ale
Smithwicks= Irish Ale
Franziskaner= Hefe Weisse
Brewerie= Hopness Monster

Rochefort 10 is my baby. Ommegang Three Philosophers, Abbey ale, and Hennepin are my less expensive Belgian replacements. Then lots of misc stuff to hold me over when my homebrew is gone: lately Brooklyns, Harpoon Belgian Pale

You like Dos Equis but think Yuengling is swill, they teast pretty much the same, you must be getting skunky Yuengling to call it swill but to me Sam Adams is swill, to each his own

Yuengling AMBER LAGER(not the regular crap)
Sam Boston and some seasonals. (not swill)

After asking a local liquor store to stock one of my old favorites, and that store doing the city of Mpls a great favor, I have to add Well's Bombardier to my list of faves. Bombardier's one d@mn fine bitter, IMO.

And oh yeah, shameless bump! :ban:

Lagunitas IPA
Stone IPA
Rogue Chipotle Ale
Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout.....

aaahhh...... I can't just choose one.

In no specific order:
Hangar 24 Alt-Bier
DFH 90 minute
Stone SSR
Avery Maharaja
Flying Dog Raging *****

LOL... just goes to show... different strokes for different folks!

Of all those beers listed I have had but one. Of those beers, I have been very displeased with all but one... Raging *****!

I love that beer. It pulls off the balance between classic IPA and funky Belgian Ale yeast. It's not a beer I can drink all night, but it's a beer I can't go long without! :mug:

Bell's Two Hearted
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA

Those are two pretty near-perfect beers. Two of my favorites of all time. There are tons of beers that I know I have loved over the past 6 years of enjoying craft brews, but those are two that actually stick out.

As for go-to beers, regularly accessible to me: Sam Smith Russian Imperial Stout, Torpedo IPA, Rogue Oatmeal Stout, Fuller's Porter, and Philadelphia Pale Ale.

The Sixth Glass, Hopslam, Boulevards Unfiltered Wheat, Two Hearted Ale, Peacetree's Double IPA and Imperial Stout.:mug:

Caldera Ashland Amber, Rogue Mocha Porter, Full Sail Session Black, Deschutes Red Chair, and Three Creeks Firestorm Red (they're bottling now, but this one is only on tap).

My favorite is Rochefort 10. What I have most often would be either Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Deschutes Mirror Pond. Strange choices since I prefer darker beers like the Belgian darks, stouts and porters but there are very few commercial ones available here.

being from cleveland, i must say most of the great lakes catalog you cannot go wrong with ESPECIALLY blackout stout/holy moses.

aside from great lakes i really like kentucky ale, anchor steam, old rasputin, piraat ale, and ofcourse the timeless classic... PBR.

Anything from Schlafly Brewing here in the STL, Shock Top, Liene's, Blue Moon, Miller Lite(raised on)...

College: the Beast, Stag, anything cold & cheap...ha

When I could get it, nothing beat Kloster Andechs Helles.

Otherwise in no particular order:

Spaten Helles & Optimator
Alaskan Alt
Hangar 24 Columbus IPA
Moose Drool
Paulaner Weissbier

The Paulaner Hefe is good,as is the Franziskaner weissbier. We also like the Paulaner Salvator doppel bock,DFH 90minIIPA,Sn's as well. In a pinch,Stroh's is good,it tastes like it has Willamette in it. Yesterday,after running to the LHBS,& a few other places,we sat down outside in the shade with Lienenkugel's Summer shandy on ice (it was over 100F with heat index),with shots of vodka. Not to mention,pit bbq'd brats. My son even threw in some steaks. Gube stoff,baby!

Just about any Shiner, Real Ale's Devil's Advocate (Seasonal Belgian Trippel), Magic Hat (it would be nice to get something OTHER than #9 and the occasional 6 of Circus Boy in DFW), Paulaner/Franziskaner Hefe's

Pliny the Elder, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Firestone Walker Parabola, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA & Sea Monster Stout, Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, Anything by Alpine Ale, Fuller's Vintage Ale, Trader Joe's Vintage Ale, just about everything from Lagunitas and the list goes on and on. :mug:

Back