can they just fing vote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they aren't calling a vote until they know they they have the votes.... so we're sitting here thinking... ****, I hope they have the votes!

And I'm sitting here thinking, f*ck congress, f*ck the administration, and f*ck Wall Street. They should all go down in flames together, not be propped up by money you're stealing from me, my kids, and their kids.

And I'm sitting here thinking, f*ck congress, f*ck the administration, and f*ck Wall Street. They should all go down in flames together, not be propped up by money you're stealing from me, my kids, and their kids.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Evan! That brought a little tear to my eye.... Well maybe not...but for all the dribble, rubbish, conversation, and good advice that has ever been spewen forth here at HBT....That is the #1 Most true statement I've ever heard!
Good play old man.

I just came back from lunch and they had msnbc on the TV. I saw the last 10 minutes of voting, and you should have seen the market just drop from -400 to -705 in a matter of about a minute. We were just shaking our heads.

b

Here comes the chaos! Investor concern vs. Congress' concerns vs. The People's concern.

Should be a wild ride!:(

think jeffeson said it best

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson

guess who was on the phone to their brokers before the vote. Bet they all put in buy orders so when they do pass a bill they make some serious green, but its not insider info is it ... discuss

I think I'm gonna go buy a springfield xd40. I'm out of town and away from my guns; I want to help the economy, and I want a gun; so, bingo!

I think I'm gonna go buy a Springfield xd40. I'm out of town and away from my guns; I want to help the economy, and I want a gun; so, bingo!

I've been saying for a year that if people would quit bitching about the economy and take their SWMBO out for dinner (Symbolic reference...buying a new gun..ESPECIALLY AN XD40 works too.) the economy would fix itself. Unfortunately, all this doom and gloom about the economy is a self fulfilling prophecy!

I've been saying for a year that if people would quit bitching about the economy and take their SWMBO out for dinner (Symbolic reference...buying a new gun..ESPECIALLY AN XD40 works too.) the economy would fix itself. Unfortunately, all this doom and gloom about the economy is a self fulfilling prophecy!

Absolutely! The whole country needs to RDWHAHB!
It will get resolved.

This is what you get when you let anybody and everybody buy a home they couldn't afford. My lender said I was qualified up to 600K. Did I buy a house anywhere near that. No...

I read an article in that people would buy a house for let say, 150K. They would flip the house for 200K to a relative and pocket 50K. Then they would sell same house to another relative for 250K and pocket 50K. After pocketing 100K, they would bail on the house and go back to there home country.

............all I can say is with 777 points down today..... tommorow morning I will picking up a BUNCH of stock at cut rate prices & hold them for ogh..... about 14 more years till I retire.

Buy low. Don't sell. Period.

Sound Good?

Zac

I called my financial broker buddy today to BS about a couple of things. Wrong move. Man, was he in a pissy mood.

Of course, he is in business for himself and his last paycheck was $19, so I can understand his mood.

we can start a new thread... How Much Has Your 401K lost Due to the Current Situation.

I hope you like history, because its about to repeat itself.... great depression again

we can start a new thread... How Much Has Your 401K lost Due to the Current Situation.

I hope you like history, because its about to repeat itself.... great depression again

I don't think there will be anything like the Great depression and to say we will be in one give's great disservice to those who lived threw it. Yes the market lost 777.68 points or 7 percent that doesn't even score in the top 10 for record percentage lost. 10/19/1987 was the worst in the last 73 years for the DOW, NASDAQ and the S&P 500

All three markets are up right now I believe there was a little bit of over reaction yesterday. The dollar is also up against the Yen and the Euro who by the way are in the same boat as the US oil dropped 10% yesterday also

This is what you get when you let anybody and everybody buy a home they couldn't afford.

See that's what's really twisting my noodle. It's like giving a child $100 and bring him to the candy store and say "here ya go sonny, have fun". Of course it's gonna go "poof". I can't be convinced these guys didn't have a clue this was going to happen. Either they knew the position of the government being FORCED to step in and pick up the pieces or they are so insanely greedy they have lost all sense of reason. I don't see much of another case, really. And either way this really really sucks.

This is what you get when you let anybody and everybody buy a home they couldn't afford. My lender said I was qualified up to 600K. Did I buy a house anywhere near that. No...
IMO it's a system that designed to screw you over. Naturally, those with common sense are less likely to be screwed over. In lending $200,000 to a person that makes $30k per year, that tells me that the lender is planning to foreclose before the initial $200k is lent out. Other lenders see this as a success and decide to do the same thing. And now look. Now they have a $h!tload of foreclosed homes on their books begging the same people they were trying to screw for a lifeline.

Back