F'ing MutherF'ers stole it!! -- IT'S BEEN RECOVERED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I went back this morning to pick my keg cooler/kegerator and it was gone, trailer, freezer, 1/2 barrel cooler and all.

2008Brewfest1.jpg

It's probably in some frat house at UT by now. MutherFu#kers!

I left the party around 10:30 last night and the organizers left around midnight. They left it where it was pictured at the neighborhood recreation area along with the rented tables, huge BBQ pit on a trailer, lights, power cords, coolers, etc.

This was the 7th such annual event in this neighborhood and nothing has ever been stolen before. This was down by the pool 150 feet from the parking lot. Everyone is shocked to hear this as they enjoyed it so much last night.

What a bunch of a$s-*****es. That totally blows. Normally I would make some smarta$$ joke about how good it looks in my living room, but honestly Ed that just plain sucks. :(

...you legitimately left it out in an open area overnight?

Really sucks, Do you usually leave it there after this party?

Keep an eye on craigslist. You find it you let us know and we'll help you go get it back. No police involved

I'd report it to the police, and inflate the price of the all items until it becomes a felony.

Someone out there might be decent enough to turn in the *******(s) that swiped it.

In addition to calling the police, I'd alert all of the local homebrew shops to be on the lookout for someone trying to sell your stuff. I'd also keep an eye on Craigslist.

I'm really sorry, Ed. That's horrible. You do something nice for the community and this is how it is rewarded. Bastards.

Chad

That truly sucks. I hate thieves.

It's happened to me (albeit musical instruments, not beer stuff). I found the guitar that was stolen from me, 7 years later on eBay and the guy shipped it back to me.

I hope you get your property back sooner than I did. :(

Holy crap that sucks, I am really sorry to hear about that. +1 on reporting it and seeing if the locals can/will do anything about it. I mean all those local taxes you pay might as well go to use for you for a change :D

...you legitimately left it out in an open area overnight?

Really sucks, Do you usually leave it there after this party?

I didn't, but the guy who owns the trailer did. We've left all sorts of stuff till morning before. It's a private area only for residents of the sub division.

Definitely call the police. They may have a few leads if they passed thru the park over night. You might be covered under homeowners insurance.

I can see its not so much the money but the effort to put it all together.

I can't imagine words can explain how pissed TFO you were when you realized it was stolen.

I hope a good neighbor moved it for you. :(

I'd report it to the police, and inflate the price of the all items until it becomes a felony.

Someone out there might be decent enough to turn in the *******(s) that swiped it.

No need to inflate. If the freezer was working, it would be over $1,000 in total parts plus the kegs. The trailer cost $1,200, so it is a felony in Texas.

I've got about $600 in parts invested since there was my new 20# CO2 tank along with a two gauge premium Micromatic regulator.

humanity teh suxxorz. Who the f*ck does that? I hope whoever did it gets their legs gnawed off by an angry bear and left to die in the wildnerness. Scumbags.

Just thinking out loud here, but is there any chance someone decided that a keg setup shouldn't be left out all night, and took it home just for safekeeping? Have you contacted everyone who was there last night?

Very sorry to see this Ed. I hope you find the bastards.
I know this may sound odd, but since it was in a sub divisions see if any one on the way in or out has a surveilance systems set up. You might catch the vehicle towing it. I have one on my house and help nabbed a jack ass who tore up my neighbors yard across the street.

Very sorry to see this Ed. I hope you find the bastards.
I know this may sound odd, but since it was in a sub divisions see if any one on the way in or out has a surveillance systems set up. You might catch the vehicle towing it. I have one on my house and help nabbed a jack ass who tore up my neighbors yard across the street.

Good idea. I have a friend who had one and it helped catch a pedophile looking to lure kids in a car. It would be great if someone had one on. Thanks.

I am disappointed to say "You should have known better." Disappointing because it is absolutely sad and pathetic that someone would steal another person's property, but it is a reality we live with. Just look at the thread on ethics of stealing a keg, we have people on this board right here that protect the same mentality that got your stuff stolen.

My next door neighbor is a remodeling contractor, and he has a couple of large covered trailers that he hauls his stuff in to job sites. He takes a length of steel pipe that is about an inch longer than the distance between his trailer tire wheels. It has a steel ball welded to one end, and a hole drilled in the other to run a heavy lock through. Whenever the trailer is parked, even in front of his house, he runs the pipe through the wheels and locks it. He also puts one of those plastic trailer ball locks on the tongue. He has a similar lockup that goes across the doors in the back. Any of it can be defeated by a thief given some time, but at least it serves as enough of a deterrent to hopefully make them go looking elsewhere for easier pickings. He even armored the inside of his trailer walls, ceilings, and doors with welded-in perforated steel panels.

Of course, this was an open trailer that got stolen, but it never hurts to make it more difficult for the thieves. If they had been unable to hook up the trailer and haul it away, they might not have been able to steel everything as easily. Generally, anything that can slow a thief down helps since they don't usually want to spend a lot of time where they might get noticed.

At least we can do a HBT APB.

It is at least fairly unique, even a little paint couldn't completely disguise it.

Hopefully they are stupid enough to still have it parked somewhere fully loaded.

Anyone near there keep your eyes open.

Just look at the thread on ethics of stealing a keg, we have people on this board right here that protect the same mentality that got your stuff stolen.

:off:There is a reason we have that thread in a seperate place. Let's keep the discussions here related specifically to Ed's situation and not let this thread get :off:

I am disappointed to say "You should have known better

True, but it was not my party or my trailer. If it was, I would have taken it home at the end of the party as I have before. I assumed they would do the same.

Live and Learn. To assume makes an Ass out me. :eek:

One good thing in life is that I learn things the hard way only ONCE. It does turn me into a skeptical mother though.

My next door neighbor is a remodeling contractor, and he has a couple of large covered trailers that he hauls his stuff in to job sites. He takes a length of steel pipe that is about an inch longer than the distance between his trailer tire wheels. It has a steel ball welded to one end, and a hole drilled in the other to run a heavy lock through. Whenever the trailer is parked, even in front of his house, he runs the pipe through the wheels and locks it. He also puts one of those plastic trailer ball locks on the tongue. He has a similar lockup that goes across the doors in the back. Any of it can be defeated by a thief given some time, but at least it serves as enough of a deterrent to hopefully make them go looking elsewhere for easier pickings. He even armored the inside of his trailer walls, ceilings, and doors with welded-in perforated steel panels.

Of course, this was an open trailer that got stolen, but it never hurts to make it more difficult for the thieves. If they had been unable to hook up the trailer and haul it away, they might not have been able to steel everything as easily. Generally, anything that can slow a thief down helps since they don't usually want to spend a lot of time where they might get noticed.

Great tip! Thanks. I have a couple trailers myself that can use such a system.

I missed the part where you said it wasn't yours. Still sucks regardless.

True, but it was not my party or my trailer. If it was, I would have taken it home at the end of the party as I have before. I assumed they would do the same.

Absolutely...I'd be pretty pissed at whomever decided to leave it there overnight. I'm guessing it's a good friend, and you likely wouldn't want to press for damages, but still...

Few things on this planet are lower than thieves. Obviously there are worse crimes, but something about thieving just makes my blood boil.

Sorry for your loss my friend. :(

Normally I would say that this situation could be used to build a better version......But damn! It was already as good as it gets! :(

That sucks big time. I would be seeing red if someone stole that from me ( if I had one ).

Hopefully the police will nab them or it will be returned.

Latest posts

Back