Best Craigslist Find Ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajwillys

Reaction score
While perusing Craigslist the other day looking for a kegerator or a Sanyo 4912, I happened upon a guy looking to sell 'beer taps' as he called it along with some tables, chairs, etc.. from an old restaurant. I sent him a harmless email wondering if he had a picture of the 'beer taps' and how much he wanted for him......

Long story short, after one morning of cutting beer line and getting $100 lighter, I came home with this...
2621460693_481971f3d5.jpg

this...

2621456945_feb09be47c.jpg

these...

2622276052_e6fa6b873c.jpg

these...

2621449653_9eb31b200c.jpg

... continued on next post

these...

2621445723_c93e811c5e.jpg

and these

2621441895_7777629e26.jpg

Since I'm obviously not starting a full scaled bar (I'm only on my 5th batch of homebrew), I need to sell this stuff. Can you guys help me by cluing me in on how much this stuff is worth? I want to get rid of the kegs right away and will sell the other stuff more slowly.

Here's the list:

2 - 10 Tap Towers, Stainless Steel with Glycol Lines
6 - 1/2 Barrel Kegs, some with beer!
4 - 1/6 Barrel Kegs
21 - Regulators with low pressure gauges and shutoff
1 - Regulator with high and low pressure gauges
12 - Sanke Keg Couplers with Fittings

Thanks and if anyone wants anything, let me know.

Shoot, I'll give you $100 for one of the towers minus all of the taps, shanks and hoses.

Nice, try! Here it is new for $1,500 so I think I can do a little better than that.

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/towers-pid-DPT410PSSKR.html

Seriously, I'm not looking for offers so much as how much you think the stuff is worth used in decent condition. I will put everything up for sale here in the classifieds to give everyone a crack at it for a reasonable price before I just dump it.

I am willing to let go of the kegs cheap though, I need to get them out of the garage.

Sorry :off: but, where are you out of? Some peeps here will want to know to save on delivery charges.

Just outside of Raleigh, NC in Holly Springs. I found a guy willing to buy kegs for $20 a piece. Seems to cheap to me though. What do you think?

Not to burst your bubble .. Ive bought a nice 6 faucet brass mushroom for like 150 and a 10 faucet stainless one for like 100 ...... If you keep an eye on eBay .. they dont bring a ton of money.

Where do you live? .... I might buy a keg or two.

Well, I was initially thinking $200 each for those but then I saw it online and figured more. I believe you but I still think I can get $200.

I'd keep a few of those 1/2 kegs if I were you, they'll be very useful when you decide to go all-grain

I thought about that and I might keep one 1/2 barrel and one 1/6 barrel, but I live in a small house with not that much storage so I definitely can't much more than that. I'm also going to keep a few sanke couplers and some regulators for my soon to be kegerator.

The insides of the tap towers are filled with great stuff. Should I take this crap out for cleaning or just leave it in there?

They're insulated so that the glycol chilling is more effective. The problem with those towers are that while they have a huge wow factor, they're only going to be practical for someone opening a bar. 5 or 6 faucets maybe, but 10 is outside of most realistic home setups. The 4-reg secondary banks are worth about $120 used and most people wouldn't mind if you left out the sheet metal when you ship. The Sanke taps are worth about $30 each.

I can't believe you stole that crap for a hundy.

how much do you want for one of those Sanke taps? By the way, nice find, i live in raleigh and have been checking craigslist lately. apparently i missed the mother load.

how much do you want for one of those Sanke taps? By the way, nice find, i live in raleigh and have been checking craigslist lately. apparently i missed the mother load.

It was easy to miss, the title was "restaurant equipment" and it just happened to mention 'beer taps' in the description.

Great find for you. what are you looking to get for the sanke taps? i'm interested in one or maybe two? of course local pick up. thanks

Frankly, if it were me, I'd go around to some local bars with pics of the towers and offer them an amazing rock bottom price of $400 each. There's got to be a place running 4-6 taps that might be convinced of an upgrade. The faucets look to be the rather cheap rear sealing faucets but the tower is the money.

Dude, you suck. Or maybe I suck. Good score. I might be interested in a couple of the secondary regulators I'll let you know in a day or so.

Frankly, if it were me, I'd go around to some local bars with pics of the towers and offer them an amazing rock bottom price of $400 each. There's got to be a place running 4-6 taps that might be convinced of an upgrade. The faucets look to be the rather cheap rear sealing faucets but the tower is the money.

Yeah, I'll admit the faucets look kinda cheap. The tower is really nice though and cleaned up real nice too. Thanks for your help on pricing ideas. I actually know someone who knows someone :fro: who is opening a bar soon and I'm thinking of trying to hit them up. That's a good idea about taking them around to bars, I might try that.

Bobby,
It sounds like you maybe want one?!?!

Back