another carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigomal

Reaction score
I am a first time homebrewer. My beer sat in the primary for about 5 weeks. I bottled, and placed the bottles in the cellar. after about 1 week I realized the temp was too cold (mid 50's), so I moved to 2nd floor closet at ~70 degrees for 5 weeks. The capped bottles have no carbonation, just a slight tingle on the tounge, but the beer I bottled into the grolsch bottles had a loud pop when opening the bottle, and a good head. The caps are tight. Any ideas? On the plus side, even without the bubbles, it still tastes good.

Do the bottles have sediment? If yes...
A possibility is that your bottles didnt seal. The grolsch bottles obviously didnt require a capper and sealed. There are other possibilities Ill leave for someone else.

Yes there is sediment in the bottles. I guess there is the possiblity of the bottles not sealing, but I have tried a bunch of the bottles, and they are all the same. I have not tried the twist cap growler yet.

Latest posts

Back