Help me with Bells HopSlam clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatawnt2b

Reaction score
I am really wanting to clone this beer, but can't find anything regarding hop additions. Anyone have a clone of this? I was wondering if it was Centennial and Cascades like 2 hearted with more alcohol. I didn't have a two hearted to compare though.

Thanks,
-J

I dont know for sure but to me the dominant hop flavor of the Hopslam was a "spicy" hop. which I am not sure what that would be. Two hearted ale is more of a pine flavor hop in my opinion and i have been told that centennial is the main hop in that beer. I am not saying it cant be in there but just my 2 cents hopefully someone with an actual answer will come forward.

I can't confirm this, but part of me suspects a touch of oak aging on the Hopslam. I made an oaked DIPA that tasted almost identical to the hopslam. You can click on the "Hop Beatdown" in my recipe pulldown for the recipe.

Back