Its about that time . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
TO HARVEST HOPS . . .

I think . . .

When should I start to harvest? I'll post some picts tomarrow after I get home from work . . .

BTW anyone in the Milwaukee area want some?

The commercial harvest has cranked up here. I'll probably do mine next weekend. It's discouraging to see one of the bines from a farm compared to mine. Even after three years, I'll be lucky to get a pound or two from my eight plants. The drip irrigation helped, but not much. My soil is seriously deficient in something, not even the native grasses and flowers grow in it.

I did not get to mine in time. Most of them turned brown on the vine. Darn travel schedule. This was the first year though and they only got 10 ft. high. I'm going to reconfigure my trellis with a pulley system for next year.

Guess I'll be cutting the vines back today. :(

david_42 said:
The commercial harvest has cranked up here. I'll probably do mine next weekend. It's discouraging to see one of the bines from a farm compared to mine. Even after three years, I'll be lucky to get a pound or two from my eight plants. The drip irrigation helped, but not much. My soil is seriously deficient in something, not even the native grasses and flowers grow in it.

OK this is going to sound sick, gross and retarded but trust me . . .

WHAT YOU NEED . . .
4 - 2 liter bottles
pouch of chewing tobbacco
bottle of Listerine or cheep BROWN type mouthwash
bottle of baby shampoo
bottle of Murpheys oil soap
bottle of LEMON scneted dish soap
pi$$ (the older the better) . . . yes your own urine
cheep cola
cheep basty $hitty beer, chepest you can find
old measuring cup that you dont want to use for anything else
hose end sprayer, the kind with the dial on top to adjust mix ratio

STEP 1
Shove half of the chew into a 2 liter bottle, add hot water and let sit.
in another 2 liter bottle pee in it until it's full, let sit
mix equal parts of the soaps into a 2 liter bottle

STEP 2
take yet another 2 liter bottle and dump in 1 beer, 1 cola, 1 cup of the soap MIX, 1 cup of the tobbaco juice, 1 cup Listerine, top off with the piss

STEP 3
EVERY 2 WEEKS - take the bottle from step 2 and fill your hose end sprayer, set sprayer to 1 TBLS per gallon and water the hell out of everything in your yard exspecially your hops (and I mean all over, top to bottom, not just the ground)

It works, trust me. It will act as a fertilizer, keep the bugs, away and keep powdery mildew off your hops.

If that sounds too gross they check out http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=2 specificly the "All Season Tonics". I also HIGHLY suggest his radio show

Back