Bad pressure valve on Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvh

Reaction score
I had a keg arrive with pressure, but I fiddled with the pressure valve and now it leaks. (Figured this out after I emptied a new CO2 cylinder). I just ordered a replacement valve for it, but can anyone give me a tip on disassembly? I thought it didn't come apart, but the guy at brewersdiscount.com who's sending me a replacement valve says it comes out easily...

Thanks...

kvh

There are different types of pressure relief valves. Some of them are permanently attached where you just pull the tab and pull out the old rubber gasket and put the new one in. Post a picture or name the mgf.

Mine has a pull-ring on it. I just unscrewed it, rinsed everything off, and reseated it. It seems to be holding... It doesn't matter because a new one is arriving by Friday/Monday... Keg Lube would probably help too...

Thanks though.

kvh

Yep. Mine leaked. lost a whole bottle of co2. I used soap and water to check for leaks. Swapped it out with the other 2 kegs I got, All leaked. Put the first one in and fooled around with it and it sealed up. Been sealed ever since.

Back