What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On to my Spruce Brown, also at a week in bottles. This came out about as well as I could have hoped, especially for using spruce essence instead of actual spruce.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396123590.551494.jpg

What are you making today?

I'm bored. About to go back outside and do work around the back if the house. With beer, of course.

Sent from the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Peanut butter cup porter. Last one (pb porter) didn't have enough pb flavor, so hunted down pb extract last weekend to use when bottling. Changing the powdered pb additions as well.

1396123991762.jpg

And on to the extra bottle of my Lamebic (the extra 375 past the two cases of 750s I filled). Decided to break from style and carbonate the crap out of it (3.5 volumes), and it's downright spritzy. I'll be letting the other bottles sit for the indefinite future.

Doing one of those next week. How many jars of PB2 are you using?
Having Brewery Vivant Triomphe Belgo IPA.

Using a jar of just great stuff pb powder @ 10 minutes remaining, one chocolate pb one at 5, and using one pb one for secondary with cacao nibs. Figure something had to change as last time it was 1 at start, 15 and 5, and got minimal pb taste. Not a bad porter, but not enough flavor.

Peanut butter cup porter. Last one (pb porter) didn't have enough pb flavor, so hunted down pb extract last weekend to use when bottling. Changing the powdered pb additions as well.

Haha sounds good.

I was going to work outside for the second time today til it started raining.

So, I'm transferring my RIS to try and get more trub out before it goes into my barrel.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396125228.175189.jpg

Using a jar of just great stuff pb powder @ 10 minutes remaining, one chocolate pb one at 5, and using one pb one for secondary with cacao nibs. Figure something had to change as last time it was 1 at start, 15 and 5, and got minimal pb taste. Not a bad porter, but not enough flavor.

I bought the extract as well yesterday and it smells delicious. Got it along with a few others to toy with Skeeter Pee.

Haha sounds good.

I was going to work outside for the second time today til it started raining.

So, I'm transferring my RIS to try and get more trub out before it goes into my barrel.

View attachment 189399

Did you get one of those small new oak barrels?

I bought the extract as well yesterday and it smells delicious. Got it along with a few others to toy with Skeeter Pee.

Did you get one of those small new oak barrels?

I couldn't find the extract anywhere until when I was forced to go out to dinner with swmbo's family. Found the LorAnn oil at an old 5/10 cent store that was a few doors down from the restaurant we went to.

Onto my burnt slim's graham cracker ale. Getting better with time, but still pissed at myself screwing it up.

1396126430488.jpg

After staring at the cellar for four hours during the comp, decided to treat myself to a pour of Utopias. Not shabby. Like a good aged port.

Now back home, taxes. Yeah.

1396127369545.jpg

I couldn't find the extract anywhere until when I was forced to go out to dinner with swmbo's family. Found the LorAnn oil at an old 5/10 cent store that was a few doors down from the restaurant we went to.

Onto my burnt slim's graham cracker ale. Getting better with time, but still pissed at myself screwing it up.

Ohhhh thats the candy one. Be careful with that! Very strong. I was talking about Brewers Best flavorings from lhbs

God I hate this thread in the morning and afternoon. I gave up coffee for Lent. This is brutal.

I gave up participating in Lent , for Lent. It's ok I am part Catholic here in the south they call me "Batholic" as I was raised in both the Baptist and Catholic church

I always give up Soda for Lent. It's easy, as I never drink it. :fro::fro::fro::fro::fro::fro::fro::fro::fro:

That'd be kinda cheating for me, too, since I stopped drinking soda in the middle of January and haven't looked back.

Smacked!!!!!!!

Battletoad SMaSH

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396130005.315581.jpg

Watching UConn women vs. BYU right now. This game is too close for my liking.

The UConn men have MSU next. Tough task.

No matter what, I bleed blue!

Apparently Remmy is atoning for mocking lent by suffering and watching women's basketball.

I can't do more yard work as it's raining now. And I stopped going to church when my parents could no longer make me. I'm a bad person, I guess. God bless my soul.

It's time for my 6th or 7th brew.

I can't do more yard work as it's raining now. And I stopped going to church when my parents could no longer make me. I'm a bad person, I guess. God bless my soul.

It's time for my 6th or 7th brew.

You are, but only bc you watch women's bball ;)

This is going to be good
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396132536.728430.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396132548.182288.jpg

I agree. Its good but tastes so much like a tangerine or clementine.

YES! tangerine. That's what I was getting but all that was coming to mind was grapefruit juice. Either way, it's purty delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Watching UConn women vs. BYU right now. This game is too close for my liking.

The UConn men have MSU next. Tough task.

No matter what, I bleed blue!

Care for a friendly beer wager?

Latest posts

Back