Beer in the Bahamas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless something has changed, the Bahamas aren't known for beer. Don't even mess with Kalik. That stuff sucks. Last time I was there, beer was $40 a case for Bud Light. Rum is ~10 for 750mL of good stuff.

I was planning on quite a bit of rum, but seeing as how this is a beer forum I thought I would throw the idea out there and see what came back.

When I'm in the Bahamas, I drink Kalik. It's the cheapest beer, I think- about $38 per case or so. It tastes ok, and it's better than Bud at a higher price. Otherwise, unless you can find some German imports, there isn't much for beer in the Bahamas. I haven't been out drinking in Freeport, so I'm not sure what's there for pubs.

OK, let me rephrase my question. I'm staying at an all-inclusive resort and not going to do anything other than work on a buzz and a tan. No bar hopping, just beaches and booze.

Just wanted a heads up if there was something stellar I needed to try while there.

I think your question has been answered twice, but....

I guess I'll give you my advice. There isn't much for beer in the Bahamas. When I was there I drank Kalik.

Kalik is the mouthwash you use to get the salty taste out of your mouth from all the watersports you'll be doing, right? Nothing gets the salt out like beer. Cheaper the better. Then enjoy the 40,000 rum drinks that they seem to have there. Somehow rum just tastes better in the Bahamas, mon.

Thanks for the feedback. Never had Kalik, and I will probably try it. Your comments have just made me curious kind of like when someone goes "oh my god, that's disgusting. Here you try it." and then chase it with something rum flavored.

All you have to do is go for a walk & you'll see the whole island. There's a cool bar there that sells rum swizzles. I think it's called the Swizzle Inn.

Sorry, but I didn't drink much beer while I was there...just rum.

Back