CH Evans in Albany NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty good. They have a decent selection of beers and the food ranges from pub-grub to actual dinners. Worth a visit for sure.

Brown's Brew-pub in troy is better in my opinion though.

A couple doors down is Ryan's Wake which doesn't brew but has a decent selection of not-too-common draft beers.

Enjoy.

I really like CH Evans, but make sure you guys hit Pittsfield Brew Works as well. Wish I could meet up with you guys.

Actually, when are you guys going to be in western MA? the_Bean and I could go down to Pittsfield on Tuesday, if you were in town then.

I really like CH Evans, but make sure you guys hit Pittsfield Brew Works as well. Wish I could meet up with you guys.

Actually, when are you guys going to be in western MA? the_Bean and I could go down to Pittsfield on Tuesday, if you were in town then.

We'll be hitting the brew works for sure.
We're going to be in Pittsfield on Thursday the 18th. I wish I had tomorrow off. We could've squeezed in another couple of places in New York.

I'm in Albany for a week with work and went to the Pump Station last night based on this recommendation and a friend who concurred. Good beers there... good bartenders with good conversation... good atmosphere... and good history. I liked the brown ale the most, but their hoppier than hoppy pale was good stuff too. Head's a wee bit foggy this morning due to it, but hey, still had fun.

Thanks for the recommendation, fellas.

They had a smoked hefeweizen on draft when we were down there, oh, must have been last summer. One of the best beers I've ever had. Ethereal, almost.

I had a really good meal at CH Evans. They've got indoor and "patio" seating and the inside of the brewpub is pretty interesting. Their Kick-Ass Brown is very tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

Thanks for the reviews guys. if anyone is going to be in the area and wants to have a pint or two with us send a PM!

Been there many times and know one of the owners a little, great beer, good food. Browns in Troy is excellent too IMHO.

Back