Pump Switches Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texashomer

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help wiring a couple switches to control my pumps.

I stopped by an electronics store yesterday and picked up what I will hope are switches I can use for a simple switch panel. From the packaging they appear to be rated for common household current and the bulb within them doesn't require a separate 12v source, as some do.

I did some research last night though and came up with conflicting messages. The number 1 and 2 poles on the switch are silver and the number 3 pole is brass in color. One site said essentially the black wire would connect to the 1 and 3 poles and a ground would connect to number 2. (The switch is illuminated and requires a ground I guess.) A different site stated that the black would go to 1 and 2 poles and the white wire would go to the number 3 pole. (I don't know if that is right though.)

Does anyone have experience with wiring SPST Rocker switches? Would you mind looking at the packaging images and my wiring diagram and see if I'm on the right track? From the wiring diagram you'll see that I intend on controlling the sockets within a single outlet independently. (I drew up the wiring diagram based on the second suggestion I found.)

I've included a link to a PDF from the manufacturer, see the "Page 157" link.
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?si=63896656&pid=r&n=0&_charset_=UTF-8&bcd=%C3%B7&query=30-730

Switch Model is: 30-730

Wiring Diagram:

RockerSwitchWiring_zps5e59234b.jpg

Front Switch Package:

IMG_3739_zps30ba686f.jpg

Back Switch Package:

IMG_3742_zpsb99b9c20.jpg

Front of Switch:

IMG_3740_zpsd20b83b2.jpg

Back of Switch:

IMG_3741_zps15ed58ac.jpg

Any guidance would be appreciated.

texashomer

I did notice that the images off to the right of the Tables don't match the product. Doesn't the asterisk next to this model account for illumination though?

*Lamp (is dependent) high intensity neon with 1/4 watt 22 K Ohm
resistor, with 10,000 hours of life for 125 volts.

Update - for anyone interested in controlling the two sockets of a single plug individually with two illuminated 110v switches this method works. You can see the brand and specs of the switches from the images above and if you follow the wiring diagram it does work. (Be sure to note, you have to break off the connection bar tab between the sockets.)

Thank you reynolds5520.

Back