IPA failure =(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisbrew

Reaction score
I'm probably the only guy to screw up a no boil kit. I did a Muntons no boil IPA and I don't know what happened along the way but It does not taste good at all. I was cautious with the sanitation and made sure I was siphoning "quietly" let it sit for about a month and now it has a great head on it but taste bad. Truly disappointed but on a good note I have an NB Honey Kolsch kit on the way so maybe my next kit won't be so bad.

I'm probably the only guy to screw up a no boil kit. I did a Muntons no boil IPA and I don't know what happened along the way but It does not taste good at all.

Sounds like you did it perfectly.:D

Not a fan of pre-hopped LME no-boils.

I have used a dozen of them with only 1 I would not repeat, the German Alt. It wasn't bad, just not to my taste expectations for an alt. Never made the one you mention, but a wide range of others.

Awesome thanks guys, hopefully this time it won't be such a failure. I have a big weekend ahead of me, NB Kolsch kit and a thing of strawberry mead I'm going to start up.

Sounds like you did it perfectly.:D

Not a fan of pre-hopped LME no-boils.

Agreed, I don't think there's any way that really could have made a good IPA. Better luck with the NB kit and the mead! I'm still in the waiting stages of my first mead after 2 months...

@chessrockwell Did you use a nutrient for the yeast, because Iv'e heard it can take forever if you don't.

I just used the raisins it called for, I think it's pretty much done it's just in the aging stage until I can try it :)

I love the Brewers Best American Pale Kit, make a very tasty brew. This was my first kit beer.

Ok guys scratch that, I gave it another week and it is a totally different beer, keeps head retention perfect and the carbonation is really nice. I'm glad I dry hopped it too because if not it would have been way too malty. This just shows that time really does make a beer totally different.

Back