S.A. Chocolate Bock for $12.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mev

Reaction score
I was getting some beer today for a St Patty's party tonight, and Canals had four cases of Chocolate Bock at $12.99 a bottle. I won't be getting any more, but I thought it was a decent price and thought I'd share the info.

ChocolateBock.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers!

If I'm paying that much for a single it needs to be a big beer not the 5 or 6% these are. BTW Fort Collins Brewing has, probably not for too much longer, a double chocolate stout that is probably the best I’ve ever tasted (I know that’s a big statement). If you’re a stout/big beer lover this is a must try. The best part…it’s only like 5 bucks for a 22oz.

I have to agree. I pay $10 for the Abyss( for those who don't know: the biggest, richest and most complex imperial stout ever) but $16 for a decent, 5% beer is pushing it.

I drank it last weekend. It was good, but not that good. I will definitely not buy it again. I bought 4 Gonzo Imperial Porters for $10 which is a WAY better deal, and still pretty darn expensive.

I don't pay for beer based on alcohol percentage. There are some beers like Cantillon, Jolly Pumpkin, and the like that are worth more to me than a bottle of Abyss, and they're not trying to push the alcohol envelope at all. For me it is about quality.

That Chocolate Bock is a great beer. Is it worth 12 bucks a bottle? I don't know. I would like to see it for about 7.99 a bottle, and then I'd think it was at a good price point.

I called the store, and they said they'd give a 10% discount if I bought a 12 bottle case, (comes to $11.70 a bottle plus tax). I'll still pass, and would rather have Rogue's Shakespeare Stout for half the price.

Back