Hey, From gainesville FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
Just waiting on my first brew to ferment hope it turns out alright.

Anyone know a club around here?

Hello from just up the road in High Springs! There's the Hogtown Brewers or something like that, but honestly I haven't heard good things. That's the only one I know of around here.

Been to Hoggetown Ale Works yet? Nice shop with friendly workers. They're doing an All Grain class next Saturday. I went to their first one even though I've been AG for some time. Good time to just hang out and talk beer. I'll be at the one next Sat as well.

Hello from just up the road in High Springs! There's the Hogtown Brewers or something like that, but honestly I haven't heard good things. That's the only one I know of around here.

Been to Hoggetown Ale Works yet? Nice shop with friendly workers. They're doing an All Grain class next Saturday. I went to their first one even though I've been AG for some time. Good time to just hang out and talk beer. I'll be at the one next Sat as well.

Yeah that is where I bought my kit. I assumed the club was them but it is not?

No, it's not them. I met the club on Teach a Friend to Homebrew day at Market Street Pub. I decided not to join after that and have heard a guy's comments on the club after he joined a later quit going to meetings.

Maybe this place needs a new club. There's plenty of brewer's around here.

No, it's not them. I met the club on Teach a Friend to Homebrew day at Market Street Pub. I decided not to join after that and have heard a guy's comments on the club after he joined a later quit going to meetings.

Maybe this place needs a new club. There's plenty of brewer's around here.

I suppose so. What did the guy said he did not like about the club?

I suppose so. What did the guy said he did not like about the club?

Said they're not really welcoming to new members. After being ignored after several meetings he stopped going.

But don't just go by what I say, check em out if you're interested.

Said they're not really welcoming to new members. After being ignored after several meetings he stopped going.

But don't just go by what I say, check em out if you're interested.

eh, I dunno. You have to pay 20 bucks and I was quite afraid of it being like that to begin with.

I know I am new but it sounds like we have somewhat of a lack of decent club in the Ocala/gainesville/highsprings area. If anyone wants to try and get a meet going at Market Street or something that would be great.

Just a reminder, the AG class at Hoggetown is tomorrow (Sat) at 1pm. I'll be there and will be bringing some beers. They always have a couple on tap to try.

Back