New allgrain BREWER in Traverse city MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettyboytoys

Reaction score
Hello all, I met one of your members on a JEEP forum I belong to and decided it would be a good idea to sign up.

I have just started brewing all grain and love it. so far I have just been using the "bucket in Bucket" mash tun but think this is ok for now.

my last few batche have been Red Headed Stepchild", an American cream ale and a brown english ale....all with good results.

I am very interested in the Bucket tun, if there are any links to a thread for mashing in a bucket please let me know.

I will end up with a full 2 burner system this summer but for now cash is being spent in other areas. thanx for any help and Hello to the forum

PBT

awsome, Glad to meet you. we can share in the lack of Brew supply stores in traverse lol. I hate ordering online but you just cant buy 15 lbs of grain here :(

Hello all, I met one of your members on a JEEP forum I belong to and decided it would be a good idea to sign up.

I have just started brewing all grain and love it. so far I have just been using the "bucket in Bucket" mash tun but think this is ok for now.

my last few batche have been Red Headed Stepchild", an American cream ale and a brown english ale....all with good results.

I am very interested in the Bucket tun, if there are any links to a thread for mashing in a bucket please let me know.

I will end up with a full 2 burner system this summer but for now cash is being spent in other areas. thanx for any help and Hello to the forum

PBT

Welcome aboard. I did the bucket in a bucket and then added a muslin bag with mesh bottom to it 16 years ago when I started out. Worked good but loses lots of heat. After nearly a twelve year hiatus from home brewing I got back into it with the help of this forum and started right away with a Rubbermaid MLT from Home Depot. Much, much better than what I had back in the day and really not too expensive. You will find tons of references if you search the forum and I have two pictures of mine in my gallery.

Regardless of how you do it, rest assured you can make some great beer with AG. If ever in doubt, send me a couple of six packs and I can give you my opinion :)

Thom

I'm also from Traverse City!

awsome, Glad to meet you. we can share in the lack of Brew supply stores in traverse lol. I hate ordering online but you just cant buy 15 lbs of grain here

Welcome! I grew up in TC and now live on the other side of the Lake. If there's no longer a local supply store, perhaps one of the brew pubs will sell you grain.

Back