The quickest AG recipes from Pitch to Pour on HBT (or elsewhere?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkristofo

Reaction score
So I had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago. Bummer. Good news: another week off that I can spend brewing. We throw a pioneer day bash every year (Utah holiday) since our backyard is literally the closest to ground-zero that you can get. Last year, I floated 5 cornies.

Because of the aforementioned surgery, I haven't started brewing yet. Pioneer day is 7/24. I'm looking for recipes that I can brew in the next few days that you've done, and know are tasty within a month. Biermuncher, I know you have a few. And I believe you have a couple, too, EdWort. Post the links below, gentlemen. Chances are, I'll brew your beer to celebrate the mormons moving in to utah.

Prost! :mug:

See my recipe drop down for the Centennial Blonde, the Cream of Three Crops, the Sterling Gold or the Blue Balls.

All are good summer ales that can be very drinkable inside of 4 weeks.

2 full weeks in the primary with plenty of yeast.
3 days in a secondary with gelatin (except the Blue Balls).
Keg and chill as long as you can before serving.

...but for goodness sake...get that kettle fired up soon.

See my recipe drop down for the Centennial Blonde, the Cream of Three Crops, the Sterling Gold or the Blue Balls.

All are good summer ales that can be very drinkable inside of 4 weeks.

2 full weeks in the primary with plenty of yeast.
3 days in a secondary with gelatin (except the Blue Balls).
Keg and chill as long as you can before serving.

...but for goodness sake...get that kettle fired up soon.

Hey BM I've got your Centennial Blonde lined up next but I bottle. What kind of schedule would you recommend?

Hey BM I've got your Centennial Blonde lined up next but I bottle. What kind of schedule would you recommend?

Not the man himself on this one, but two weeks in the fermenter and 3 in the bottle will get the job done. I bottle all my brews, too, and it just takes longer to get it ready to serve.

Not the man himself on this one, but two weeks in the fermenter and 3 in the bottle will get the job done. I bottle all my brews, too, and it just takes longer to get it ready to serve.

thanks for your answer!
:mug:

What did you have done to your shoulder?

Being a physical therapist and homebrewer, I'm torn in what to tell you. PT would say... take it easy and no heavy lifting (kettle, carboy, etc.). As a homebrewer, the first day post-op and off from work, I'd tell you to brew everyday!

OH, BTW... I'd do Edwort's Haus Pale Ale...big fan.

Take Care

What did you have done to your shoulder?

Being a physical therapist and homebrewer, I'm torn in what to tell you. PT would say... take it easy and no heavy lifting (kettle, carboy, etc.). As a homebrewer, the first day post-op and off from work, I'd tell you to brew everyday!

OH, BTW... I'd do Edwort's Haus Pale Ale...big fan.

Take Care

SLAP repair, but the tear was branched so it went superior and inferior, bicep tendon repair, and bankart repair.

Don't worry, I have a set of brewing minions that will be doing all the lifting, etc. I'm just going to conduct the orchestra. I can barely move my shoulder to type this post, so I won't be doing a lot.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Yeah, you need to be super conservative with that bicep repair. Sounds like you did a number on it. I discharged a patient ~ 3 months ago that had the same situation, but he had a massive rotator cuff tear along with the SLAP and bankart. Took him close to 8 months to recover 80%.

Good stuff though, have fun with all the brewing you are gettin yourself into.

P.S. Any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

American Wheat:

6# 2-row
5# Wheat malt (shoot for OG 1.052 - adjust for efficiency)
Pearle (adjust for IBU 18-20) 60 min
S-05

Mash 60 min at 152.

10-14 days at 65 degrees, keg, carb, drink.

Simple, easy delicious.

Back