Lobster Roll Beer Pairing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Trying to make some lobster rolls over the weekend with chips or fries and some coleslaw. I just need the perfect style of beer to go with it. Thoughts?

What is lobster roll? Sounds really good!

20110618-wicked-good-lobster-rolls-jkenjilopezalt-15.jpg

Amazing. Just so long as there are no imitation parts. But we covered that on another thread.

I know that lemon and butter is usually good with seafood, maybe do like a citrus wheat beer? Something light but refreshing an American wheat or white wheat.

I don't think so. Here's a hot lobster roll skip the mayo, no celery just warm lobster and drawn butter.

That looks delicious

& fresh

Wouldn't be surprised if Subway uses canned lobster, but it's been years since I've been to one and it would be the last thing on their menu I would order

That looks delicious

& fresh

Wouldn't be surprised if Subway uses canned lobster, but it's been years since I've been to one and it would be the last thing on their menu I would order

I have had lobster roll from Panera that was fairly good. Not as good as going to a place in Maine, but not bad either. Would you believe in New England even Micky Ds sells a lobster roll in the summer. I have never had one but I've seen it on billboards.

I think it would depend what all is on the roll besides the lobster. If its got a heavier cream based sauce or covered in mayo, maybe something highly carbonated, like a Tripel, will do. Otherwise, I agree with what has been previously said, a crisp lager, wheat beer, or saison.

Man that looks so good and I'm sooo hungry right now. IPA? I usually have IPAs with seafood such as crab or oysters. Very good pallate cleanser.

You guys are killing me with your talk of Panera and Subway.
Hasn't McDonalds brought the McLobster there? :D

Man that looks so good and I'm sooo hungry right now. IPA? I usually have IPAs with seafood such as crab or oysters. Very good pallate cleanser.

Realize this is an old post at this point, but that surprises me. IPAs are pallet killers in my book. Especially with something delicate like seafood , I would shy away from hoppy beers and go towards wheat or saison or some kind of light lager. There's something very refreshing about a crisp ipa on a summer day though.

As an aside, I recently saw a BBS recipe for a lobster saison that includes lobster shells in the boil. Would be interesting to see what that's like.

Realize this is an old post at this point, but that surprises me. IPAs are pallet killers in my book. Especially with something delicate like seafood , I would shy away from hoppy beers and go towards wheat or saison or some kind of light lager. There's something very refreshing about a crisp ipa on a summer day though.

As an aside, I recently saw a BBS recipe for a lobster saison that includes lobster shells in the boil. Would be interesting to see what that's like.

Fair enough for a lobster roll I'm probably going with a wheat or lager like you said. But for something more "of the sea" like oysters the salty-bitter combination is pretty nice as well.

Latest posts

Back