Transplanting Hop Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freyguy

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new house. I'm wondering what it takes to move over my Liberty and Goldings plants. I know there's information out there somewhere, but I can't find it via search. This is their second year and they have been sprouting up strong. I've been keeping them trimmed low because we are trying to sell the old house still and I don't want to put up my trellis because.....well....it's ugly! :D

The first year these things got up to about 12' tall, but with little flowers. Actually I didn't even pick the few that were on them. I found one website that said it's best to wait until they are dormant to move them, but I won't have access to them then. Is it ok to dig up a big section of the rhizome and move it over once I have the new soil prepared?

Any help is appreciated. :mug:

Go ahead and dig them out. Get a ball about one foot across and trim the vines back to a foot or so.

Latest posts

Back