You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When working on updating your companies online information data base you find the symbol category "IPA" and don't quite understand why their isn't suck things as CTZ, falconer a flight, DIPA, CDA, or FWH listed

image-2748523232.jpg

When your PB&J sandwich has a wonderful cascade and Chinook aroma from your lunch cooler that you used yesterday to transport your hops and yeast home from the lhbs.

Staring at catalogs and constanley thinking about what your next 10 beers to brew are going to be.Planning your agenda for then next few weeks at a time.

When nothing in the beer isle looks appealing and smile and walk away knowing you have the shiz-nit at home. At least that is what I do..... :p

When yet another thread pops up about how you got started home brewing.And you read every reply & then re-tell your own story. And everytime it takes a few less sentences.:ban::rockin:

When you see the PG&E trucks passing by and wonder why they have mash tuns strapped to the back of their trucks

When you're at the pet store and see the thermo-strips in the impulse isle and wonder if they really work as well as they say and if they're waterproof or not.

When you have a full wine rack, 100ish 12 oz bottles and, 4 1/2 gallons in primary, but you still want to brew more.

When you just bought a 4.5 cubic ft mini fridge on craigslist and 20 minutes later ruined it while breaking the Freon line bending the freezer tray down. I'll be looking for another tomorrow.

When you just bought a 4.5 cubic ft mini fridge on craigslist and 20 minutes later ruined it while breaking the Freon line bending the freezer tray down. I'll be looking for another tomorrow.
You know, if you solder the break closed they can be recharged. If it was cheap enough though, probably not worth it.

...You're prep'ing the kitchen for bottling and swmbo cracks an egg and she knows not go near the counter or kitchen sink, and ends up washing her hands in the bathroom.

You know, if you solder the break closed they can be recharged. If it was cheap enough though, probably not worth it.

not worth charging the mini's.. port is sealed OEM most of the time anyway... But with a little ingenuity you could probably charge it with a AC recharge kit. Rednecked hack keezer?

When your wife goes to use the avocado in the paper bag on the counter....but it's actually a sack if bottle caps.

When you express the slightest interest in making a hard cider, and instantly have a buddy willing to split the cost of ingredients with you, and more eager than you are to start the project.

(Never done cider, so still trying to learn what I can before I start. He's almost wishing I had pitched the yeast last week. If I play the angle right, I might make a homebrewer - or at least cider/wine - out of him)

grasshopperfirestarter said:
While watching Breaking Bad series on netflix you wonder if you could brew with their meth lab equipment

+1 wife got mad when I kept pausing/rewinding the last season to get a second look.

When your bank account runs dry, but you can convince yourself that if you sit and wait patiently, the yeast will take care of it.

Back