What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some centennial blonde as I make some venison chili.

ForumRunner_20130520_204517.jpg

:mug:Just did a side-by-side of my Old Rasputin RIS clone with the real thing. Very pleased. Mine is just a wee bit maltier and slightly less bitter, oh, and also a tiny bit less carbonated. When I say slightly, I mean slightly. These are nearly identical in terms of body, mouthfeel, roastiness, chocolate, coffee. It's all there. I'm pleased. In fact, my wife and son thought mine was better! Sorry to toot my own horn, as my mother used to say, but this is a great beer.:mug:

Hehe, just giving you a hard time man. :)
I just chuckle a little bit every time I see or hear someone refer to Belgian beer as Belgiums.
I went to public school as well.......and didn't finish.
me too! that's what kept me from joining the Marine Corps in '99.

I'm having coffee and figuring out a malt bill before I go weld the hours away.

They do! No doubt but Oberon is total trash and watered down version of what it used to be

You are tripping. You might like it less now that you've tried more beers, but I've been drinking Oberon for probably 15 years now and it's still great.

The only beer I can't leave alone in the cellar to age. Eating a late supper and this is my go to dinner beer. Plus it packs a decent punch in the liver...

That's funny. Chimay Blue is a beer I really don't like fresh. Cellars like a champ though. I really enjoy it with a couple (or more) years.

You are tripping. You might like it less now that you've tried more beers, but I've been drinking Oberon for probably 15 years now and it's still great.

That's funny. Chimay Blue is a beer I really don't like fresh. Cellars like a champ though. I really enjoy it with a couple (or more) years.

It could be that I suppose, but when I had it this year it just tasted so thin and watery

I always loved both. My wife tells me repeatedly that I need to go get an engineering degree (and that I should have 10 years ago).

I loved the "aha" moment when calculus made the physics lightbulb come on. I always understood the concepts and the math, but suddenly the relationships between the equations (namely acceleration and speed) and suddenly everything ties together.

That made me realize that calculus makes the entire world make sense.

Im a physics student now. If you think calculus with that is cool. You should see thermodynamics and electromagnetism. Now that is some wicked calculus that explains RIDICULOUS phenomena.

Drinking ****ty keurig coffee at work...

Im a physics student now. If you think calculus with that is cool. You should see thermodynamics and electromagnetism. Now that is some wicked calculus that explains RIDICULOUS phenomena.

Drinking ****ty keurig coffee at work...

I can only imagine how deep the rabbit hole goes. Last time I took physics was in high school, and retook first year calc in community college (it'd been a few years and I needed a refresher, and that class was a waste, covered less than it did in high school) before I dropped out.

Drinking the citrus Mountain Dew Kickstart. These things are actually pretty tasty. Still in call for work even though I'm back at home, so no beer yet.

I can only imagine how deep the rabbit hole goes. Last time I took physics was in high school, and retook first year calc in community college (it'd been a few years and I needed a refresher, and that class was a waste, covered less than it did in high school) before I dropped out.

Drinking the citrus Mountain Dew Kickstart. These things are actually pretty tasty. Still in call for work even though I'm back at home, so no beer yet.

I just took calc 3 last semester as a refresher for Modern Physics/Quantum Mechanics coming up. I consider myself good at math and it was hard for me to wrap my mind around that stuff.

Looking forward to a nice cold one on the golf course in a few

More grav sampling. Black saison, I guess. Was going for a farmhouse black ipa I guess, but lots of bittering and not much hop aroma.

image-2655253582.jpg

Bad Keurig coffee. Found some nasty, old K-Cups so I am doing a marathon of crappy coffee today I guess.

I just took calc 3 last semester as a refresher for Modern Physics/Quantum Mechanics coming up. I consider myself good at math and it was hard for me to wrap my mind around that stuff.

Looking forward to a nice cold one on the golf course in a few

Have you learned about fractional derivatives? I never seen it applied but maybe you have. Its used mostly with fluids.

I was trying to commiserate. All three samples here have been pretty good.

Keurig coffee is as American as having a lawn and just as stupid.

Haha I figured, they all sounded pretty tasty. And I agree, very stupid and lazy and poor quality.

CallsignMigs said:
and it's absolutely delicious. I may be falling in love with Welsh Dark beer.

I'm 99% certain I've never had Welsh beer.

image-2178133317.jpg

Sour porter here. Although better called a sour black ale at this point as the malt character has gone AWOL.

Baltic Porter at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Continuing my tour of the Denver beer scene. Yum.

Odell Red with an Ashton #7. Nice MN spring evening! Scored a twelver of ruthless rye for $12 and am pretty stoked to tear in!

Drinking TNGabe's sour porter.

image-859673156.jpg

I'm enjoying this. Sour and tart upfront. Nice and dry, fruity and in the end a roasted flavor from the dark grain. I like it Gabe!

Oh and eating my orange chicken. So much better than takeout.

image-4235872029.jpg

Back