• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need some hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulu

Reaction score
Some of you followed my progress last year... now of course I do have some rhizomes available.

Nugget, Cascades and will have Chinook as soon as I can make the time to get them cut. $3 plus shipping , $10 for 4 (will mix if you want)
Might have Mt Hood too, not had time to check yet !!

These are already spouting because of very quick warm up here, but can ship asap.

Dont want to step on rules here either.

Send me a message and can relay paypal info etc
My email is also on my blog

Rick

Hops blog: Check growing months last year
http://zenzele-brewery.blogspot.com/

Just to clarify.

Our Hops farm is a tiny Homebrew Club project (100 odd vines- 9 varieties in bulk and another 6 test varieties) established to see if alternative crops like hops can be planted and succeed this far south and selling the few rhizomes I have is by no means a commercial operation. Only 4 varieties have shown any promise so far.

I think I harvested a total of 70 rhizomes , and most of these are already gone to local club members..

I did not want to step on toes of the pro's

I think I have about 25 Cascades , and might harvest a few Mt Hoods and Chinooks for those wanting them.

All stock was certified disease free when purchased , and are from 3 or 4 year old plants. New test varieties - 6 more have been sourced for this year from the National Clonal Germplasm Repository, and will also be trialed.

No evidence of any of the hop pests or common ailments have been seen in 4 years , and other than a damn ground hog and a few bunnies eating new shoots on first year growth , we have been trouble free so far.

Rick in Greensboro NC

Back