carbing apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
I want to keg my apfelwein tonight, and i would love to get it on the tank tonight, the only thing is, i dont have a chest freezer or a old fridge to stash it while it carbs. I wanted to try to get it up to carb in about a week, would it be ok to stash it in my garage ~60° and still get it carbed or am i barking up the wrong tree.....

<-- confused...

Kegging, or botteling?

If you are naturally carbing, a week at 60degrees is probably not going to be enough.

If you are force carbing, 20psi at 60degrees will do the job.

Yea force carbing, sorry. Ive heard a lot about keeping it at 10° for like a week, then your good, but im not at the right temp either so i figured that would drag out the time needed, or more pressure required.

lol, sorry my brain is fried today. Getting married in 2 months, and the wedding planning stuff is starting to give me gray hairs. 10 psi

at 60degrees, you would likley want more than 10psi

refer to this table for sure, but I was planning on carbing my aphlwine to 2volumes.
img134.jpg

Back