Storing full kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I'm finally to the point where I have more kegged beer than I can use (hard to believe isn't it? I need a bigger fridge). I currently have the chocolate raspberry stout, apfelwine and a franziskaner clone on tap. I don't have any more room in the fridge, it only holds three cornies. I have a pale ale that I kegged and carbed and it's sitting in the basement at about 65-70 degrees. In another 10 days I will have another DFH 60 clone ready to keg. I would like to take the stout out of the fridge and store it in the cellar so I can use the pale ale and then the 60. Will it hurt the stout to go from fridge temp. to cellar temp. for several months? I will keep it on gas in the cellar.

Not a problem. In fact, a stout will probably be even better by Fall. You don't need to leave it hooked up.

Cool, it won't be hooked up all the time, I keep a second tank in the basement and I'll just hit it with gas once in awhile to make sure there aren't any leaks.

It wasn't very long ago that I was running out of homebrew all the time. It seemed like I couldn't get ahead of the game. I finally did and I plan on staying ahead now. I need a bigger fridge and more taps.

Back