star shaped corney ball lock posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bytor1100

Reaction score
What do I need to get to remove the star shaped air post for a 5 gal corney?
The liquid side is a regular 7/8" socket, but I'm not sure what I need(or where) to get the air side off.

12-point socket. I couldn't tell you the size or even if they are all the same size; a cheap set was on sale at Sears, so I just bought those.

ok, i figured that's probably what I needed, but I only have flat sided deep sockets. I'll have to go pick up a new set, thanks

Most of mine are 7/8" but I have a couple of kegs that are 11/16". That being said, they all have matching sizes on the individual kegs.

Fingers said:
Most of mine are 7/8" but I have a couple of kegs that are 11/16". That being said, they all have matching sizes on the individual kegs.

I think I've got a couple of each, too; seems like I'm always having to get a DIFFERENT socket.

also fyi an auto parts store will likely sell the socket individually, which could save you some cash on a set.

Bytor1100 said:
What do I need to get to remove the star shaped air post for a 5 gal corney?
The liquid side is a regular 7/8" socket, but I'm not sure what I need(or where) to get the air side off.
They're not as odd-ball as you think.

Pick up a set of ratchets at Sears.

They'll fit regular posts too:

post1.jpg

post2.jpg

post3.jpg

Back