Serving Pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymartini

Reaction score
I just started kegging and have a two tap draft tower. I have a commercial beer on one side (Victory Hop Devil) and my own Cream stout on the other. My regulator is set at 9psi. The Cream Stout pours fine, but the Hop Devil is extremely foamy and almost tastes flat after it settles down in the glass. What am I doing wrong? BTW, Did I mention it's my 50th B'day today???? I plan on pouring many beers today!!!!

Bobby_M said:
Ok, listen up ya old bastard :) :tank:

Do you have at least 7 feet of 3/16" line running to the faucets?

How did you carb your own beer, CO2 tank or priming sugar?

Thanks Kid:mug: The owner of my local HBS set up my system for me. I'm pretty sure the line is 3/16....not sure of the length, at least 5 feet I'm sure. I'll try and measure it now.
My beer was carbed with the CO2 tank.

Bobby_M said:
Ok, listen up ya old bastard :) :tank:

Do you have at least 7 feet of 3/16" line running to the faucets?

How did you carb your own beer, CO2 tank or priming sugar?

3/16 line, between 6 and 7 feet long....

dirtymartini said:
I just started kegging and have a two tap draft tower. I have a commercial beer on one side (Victory Hop Devil) and my own Cream stout on the other. My regulator is set at 9psi. The Cream Stout pours fine, but the Hop Devil is extremely foamy and almost tastes flat after it settles down in the glass. What am I doing wrong? BTW, Did I mention it's my 50th B'day today???? I plan on pouring many beers today!!!!

Happy Birthday my friend!

My experience with draft systems is very limited, I had a converted fridge for a while that my buddies and I kept stocked with commercial beer but it was typically light stuff, Bud Light and Coors Light - don't beat me up too bad, this was before I knew what real beer was. ;) Anyway...I'm not familiar with Victory Hop Devil, is it considerably thinner than the Stout? The reason I ask is because I'd think that the lighter beer would be easily permeated by the CO2 in comparison to the Stout - maybe a second regulator for the VHD, backed off to 4psi or so, would do the trick.

Back