Now That I Have Beersmith, Where to Begin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just downloaded Beersmith, and there is so much in it, it's almost daunting. Where did you begin to familiarize yourself with it? What would you recommend for someone to do to famliarize themselves with Beersmith? I understand that the answer will be to play with the program, but where the heck should I start?

I'd go to the Beersmith website and take a look at their forums. They have very good support and suggestion areas to get you started. It's also a good idea to download some of their sample recipes so you can see what they look like and how changing each variable changes various outcomes. Just play with it for a while. Don't worry about understanding it completely or mastering the program in a day or two. Push buttons and see what happens.

Chad

When I downloaded it, I took a look at the sample recipes already in the program. When you go to that folder and double click on the recipe, you can see what's all there and how it's laid out. You can even click "Preview Brewsheet" and then look at the instructions for that particular recipe. It's a good way to learn how the program takes information and displays it for you.

Back