New label for CJB Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiejellyfish

Reaction score
I present to you Captain Jack Bilgewater's Bottom Feeding Piss Drink (the pirate is still a pencil sketch, and the scroll needs re-doing), but i wanted to see what you guys think:

capnj3.jpg

edit: here is the text on the side: "on the southern shores of the french coast, mime divers spend their days scouring the fetid sea-foam for befouled flotsam to scrape. this brackish, turgid jelly is then used as a base, to which is added 54 distinct vitamoids and 13 different varieties of nutriments. This secret Bilgewater Family recipe was lost in 1654 but was found untouched the soiled trousers of the exhumed corpse of Capt. Jack himself. Brewed at our facilities on a grey-market offshore derelict oil-rig in international waters, the taste profile of this tank-isolated beer will leave you absolutely speechless."

That made me laugh out loud! I'm not sure I'd drink the drink, but I give the label a thumbs up.

It came from back when I was in middle school there was this brand of soda with a pirate on the label, and one of the flavors was god-awful, and my friend dubbed it "Capt. Jack Bilgewater's Bottom Feeding Piss Drink."

And so it was born.

It just makes me laugh.

I thought it was a light ale you were producing for BMAC friends. Would be perfect for that.

I love it!

I think there's something missing from this section, though:

"This secret Bilgewater Family recipe was lost in 1654 but was found untouched the soiled trousers of the exhumed corpse of Capt. Jack himself."

was it found untouched IN the soiled trousers of Capt. Jack?

Now I gotta ask... is the barcode a "special" barcode? As in a name or something? Or is it just a placemark and I'm trying to read too much into it?

JewWario said:
Now I gotta ask... is the barcode a "special" barcode? As in a name or something? Or is it just a placemark and I'm trying to read too much into it?

As much as I'd like to concede that level of detail, I have a couple of barcode brushes in photohsop and just used a random one.

Back