Is this cheating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veritas524

Reaction score
I really want to try growing my own hops, but I'm moving (don't know where yet... military) in January. So, I asked my mother who is a certified Master Gardner if she would like to grow them and mail me the dried hops. Rhizomes should be on their way shortly! 2 Cascade, 2 Willamette, and 2 Hallertauer; is this cheating?:mug:

I got a buddy that's in the military and gets his parents to grow for him. It's only cheating if u don't send me some Chopps

Dude, six plants is a wicked amount of work to harvest/dry/vacume pack once they reach maturity. I guess if you're parents don't mind......

Dude, six plants is a wicked amount of work to harvest/dry/vacume pack once they reach maturity. I guess if you're parents don't mind......

First year? Shouldn't be too onerous. I had fifteen first years in 2011, it did take some work to do the two harvests and brought in just shy of two pounds dried, but it wasn't too bad. If his Ps are of the retired persuasion it'll give them a bit of exercise ;)

Cheers!

First year? Shouldn't be too onerous. I had fifteen first years in 2011, it did take some work to do the two harvests and brought in just shy of two pounds dried, but it wasn't too bad. If his Ps are of the retired persuasion it'll give them a bit of exercise ;)

Cheers!

I said once they reach maturity (crowns that is). Sorry for not being more specific.

not cheating in any way. you just miss out on the fun of watching them grow, oh and the awesome smell

If there's not snow on the ground my mother spends her time in her garden... She thinks that stuff is fun and she's all excited about it. It also probably doesn't hurt that I just bought her a wine making kit and she's talking about brewing as well now... haha.

Back