Tried an experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
So a few months ago I attempted to make a pineapple wine. This came out very dry and just all around not good. At the same time I tried to make a fruit punch wine. This came out very sweet and also not good. So I tried mixing the two together. I now have something that has a fruity taste and the pineapple is definitely there. This is still too sweet for my taste. What can I make that will turn out dry that I can mix with this contraption that may turn out to a consumable product? Both of the batches I started with were 5 gallon batches and I hate to see 10 gallons go to waste.

Well I'm a mead maker and tend to favor it. If you want to take 15 Lbs of honey, 4 gallons water, a little yeast nutrient, and a chapagne yeast you can easily go to a FG around .998 with a little pampering. It will be a very dry wine with a slight honey taste. I believe it would go great with your fruit wines.

Back