NB Cream Ale taste like flat bud light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaner

Reaction score
I just tasted my first glass of NB Extract Cream Ale and I am a little disappointed. There was very little flavor and very little carbonation (decent head but no carbonation). Everything went fine during boil, I shook the hell out of it to get some oxygen in there before I pitched the yeast, it fermented like a mad-man (had to put on a blowoff tube in a 6.5 carboy, it stayed in the primary for about 3 weeks, then two-three weeks in the secondary, racked to a keg, then let it sit at about 15 psi for five days in the keezer. I cranked the PSI up to about 25 in hopes that it would add a little carbonation to it, but will it gain anymore after already being at 15 psi for almost a week now? Did I do something wrong during the process?

Takes ~2 weeks to come to full carbonation using the set it and forget it method. Turn your co2 back down tow 10-12 psi, vent keg a couple times, and wait another week. It'll carb up and flavor will come out more. You will likely be over carbed at 15 psi after 2 weeks.

Takes ~2 weeks to come to full carbonation using the set it and forget it method. Turn your co2 back down tow 10-12 psi, vent keg a couple times, and wait another week. It'll carb up and flavor will come out more. You will likely be over carbed at 15 psi after 2 weeks.

Okay thanks, only my second batch so I'm still a noob and getting used to everything. I'll turn it back down and wait it out!

Back