So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No brewing for me, but I will be judging. Once this comp shows up in the system in a few weeksish monthish twoish, I'll get my BJCP Certified rank (the preliminary flight I judged this past weekend gave me the points, the rest is just gravy and waiting on judge points to make it through the system). Wahoo.

Hope to be brewing a "Belgial SaiPA" with Citra,Centennial and TYB Wallonian Farmhouse yeast

Kölsch yeast is an ale yeast.

Yeah I had to tweak my recipe a little bit, I was planning on using WLP029 or Wyeast 2565, but the LHBS was out of both. They recommended SafLager 34/70 as the next best thing (that they had in stock anyway). So maybe not a Kolsch in the purest sense of the style.

10 gal of oatmeal stout and a 5 gal side batch of red. Weather's supposed to be great! Can't wait!

First thing Saturday morning....

5 gallon Two Hearted clone -AG
5 Gallon Oatberon - Oberon Clone - Extract
5 Gallon Fat Tire Clone - if I can get it in - or I will do it Sunday

It will be a High of 19F Saturday outside in my Detached garage
Where I am on a cloning mission !

Steve

About to head out to the ol' brew supplier now to pick up the month's supply. I probably won't wait until tomorrow to start. Beer doesn't brew itself...well, actually it does. :confused:

Wort doesn't make itself. :cool:

Looks like Sunday morning is brewday here. Have stuff on hand for another round of Centennial Blonde.

Brewing right now! 6.0% Oatmeal Stout. Trying to fill the void between 'normal' 4% and imperial stouts...

...am I making a strong stout, or a session imperial stout? Foreign extra?

I should also add, that I finished brewing 1320 gallons of west coast IPA at work about 3 hours ago. haha!

First thing tomorrow I'm going to make a 10G batch of something I've never tried before: India Pale Lager. Rig is already loaded up with water, pumps are primed and controller set points are set. Just need to power it up in the morning and mash in.

2-row/Munich/C10 to 1.065. Hopping to about 50 IBU with Topaz, Pacifica and Nelson Sauvin.

Fermenting with Danish lager yeast. Can't see how this couldn't be good.

Not brewing, but racking my Steinpilz Gose to secondary...looking good!

IMG_20150228_170054104.jpg

Didn't get to brewing as planned. Took a lot longer than expected to rebuild my stir plate. I have the wyeast kolsch building up as I type. If I have time then suday will be a go, if not the hopefully during the week, if not then Saturday will be the day.

Just got done with a Winter Lager (Yes, I know, winter is almost over), and an ESB (My personal favorite homebrew so far). Granted, I just finished brewing, but it is still this weekend!

Cheers folks!

Brewday has been postponed due to a carboy coming down with a bad case of shatter. Will brew once I find a replacement, or bottle the porter that's sitting in my other fermenter.

Doing a Bavarian Hef for a friend. She received the kit as a gift from one our friends, but doesn't have the equipment to brew. Free beer for me, a chance to practice brewing, breaking in the new gas burner and wort chiller. I'd say this is a win, win!

I will also be bottling my IPA today. Happy brewing all.

Thinking about doing a blueberry ale. Need to figure out what I want to do with the blueberry. Anyone have a decent thought to get good blueberry flavor?

Got a double brew. Buddy wants to brew an imperial IPA, so we are going to brew up a couple 5 gallon batches (unique grain and hop bills), split into four 3-gallon carboys, and then eventually dry hop each one differently. Then Sunday will be my scheduled brew day, brewing a 5 gallon batch of Marzen and a 5 gallon batch of my Aussie Hop-a-Lager with all Galaxy hops. Brew on!

Thinking about doing a blueberry ale. Need to figure out what I want to do with the blueberry. Anyone have a decent thought to get good blueberry flavor?

I would assume the general rule of 1# fruit per gallon would be sufficient. Haven't tried blueberries yet but have done strawberry, cherry, and mixed fruit. I like to use frozen fruit as it's a more natural taste than those god awful extracts (medicine).

Latest posts

Back