Arrgh... There is beer everywhere she says

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
You're brewing another batch she asks????
There's already five gallons more in the garage and
Five gallons more in the wine fridge,,,
four cases in the back bedroom ( warm aging)
cold beer in the kitchen fridge and the garage fridge??

It's hard to keep her calm, but I persevere.
i love to make beer.

At least it's not your mother, and she's not accusing you of alcoholism.

Ha!! I get the same grief from my wife.

May I suggest brewing styles she likes? Mine likes an American Wheat that I do.

But never stop brewing!

Just show her this and tell her how lucky she is its not at your house (not on the picture but there is dedicated beer fridge in the garage and of course there is more beer in regular house fridge :)

20130713_203736.jpg

20130713_203751.jpg

20130713_203809.jpg

Just show her this and tell her how lucky she is its not at your house (not on the picture but there is dedicated beer fridge in the garage and of course there is more beer in regular house fridge :)

That was my suggestion. Plenty of pics of people with way more beer than you have.

Time to build a big keezer, put it out in the garage, and have enough taps that you'll always have plenty of selection. Corny kegs make great bulk aging vessels, are more narrow than carboys, and being steel, just don't seem to mentally look like some weird homebrew experiment, even if it's accomplishing the same aging that you'd normally use a long secondary for.

I have 35-40 gallons of beer around the house right now, but [with the exception of a corny hidden away in our closet to age some Apfelwein] it's all in the garage, and for the most part my wife doesn't really notice it.

You have got to switch to kegs.

First it will save you hours and hours of time, devote those hours to quality time with your lady. She will love you for it.

Second, all those bottles that need to be cleaned, that are always right next to the kitchen sink every night... gone. She will like that.

Third, it will free up room in the house, and look more organized. She will like that.

Forth, and this is the big one. Every time you crack open a bottle, she knows about it and is counting. Even in her sleep she knows. But when your walking around the house, and every once in a while pull one off the tap, that she does not know. And YOU will like that.

We are all in this together my friend.

Show her this. It just shows the 12 oz bottles.There are 9 cases of bombers aging (Belgians)and 4 kegs that are not shown. It also does not show the full fermenters.

pipeline3.jpg

Polboy said:

Dude...you're doing it right :rockin:

You have got to switch to kegs.

Right, because dropping a few bills on a bunch more junk and yet another fridge will undoubtedly help the OP's old lady accept his hobby.;)

I'm super lucky. My wife is encouraging me to remodel our current way-to-big living room into a brewery and helping me empty out a seperate basement underneath for some barrels.:D Hello floor drains!!!!

The wife tells me this sometimes too.

I currently have...

3 full fermenters in the basement, one in the spare bedroom, 1 in the bathtub and one that will join its brethren in the basement after this evening.

Thats not including 1 bedroom filled with full and empty bottles...

Right, because dropping a few bills on a bunch more junk and yet another fridge will undoubtedly help the OP's old lady accept his hobby.;)

It can absolutely happen. Speaking from experience, my wifey not only let me spend over 400 bucks on a 3-tap keg setup, she was actually excited about it! :rockin:

She got really tired of bottles being everywhere. Now, there's just one pint glass a day.

^LOL. one piece of glass, yes. .......but many refills.

wifey don't care if i get sloshed or not, it's only how much it clutters up the house :)

What kind of tubing/hookups do you use on your keezer? Looks like ice maker tubing (which I heard some people use/have tried). Interested if that is what you are using....sorry, off topic!:cross:

Looks kind of like accuflex tubing. I'm actually kind of interested in the quick connects as well because accuflex is a pain to stretch over barbs.

She got really tired of bottles being everywhere. Now, there's just one pint glass a day.

This. My wife was all for the kegerator if it meant not having bottles laying around everywhere. It's a win-win situation if you can swing it!

Mine is not concerned about how much beer I store because it's out of sight. I also clean much more than her so no complaints about bottles anywhere either. HOWEVER, she's more concerned about how much I drink and why I need to brew more :( We both enjoy the beer I brew but she underestimates how little 5 gal really are considering it takes 5-8 weeks to make a new drinkable batch!
Eventually I might look into kegging too but for now I don't have the $$$ to swing that....

Damn I thouht I had a f#&*ton of beer. I actually agree with my wife about not having enough space for all this beer, because it's true, we live in a gnome house for now... that's why I started brewing 1 gallon batches untill the stockpile dwindles, it also motivates me to experiment with said 1-gallon batches

Back