Need chinese translated on welder....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
Pretty simple stuff... Im welding a mashtun (keggle) and would really appreciate if someone could translate some of the buttons and switches on my tig welder.

THanks in advance!

Pic 1

photo1.jpg

Pic 2

photo2.jpg

Pic 3

photo3.jpg

Pic 4

photo4.jpg

Really appreciate the help!

Well 1 is definitely current. (A) Amps

2 and 3 are the same and I would guess they are a time setting in Seconds (S)
Valve purge times? It's a tig so it isn't a wire feed rate.

The switch. I have no idea.

Looks like Harbor freight got the wrong shipment :) how did you come across that thing?

the switch is probably hi-freq start. and the delay of gas shutoff for the S knob.

The Inverters have automatic High Freq. start there is no switch. it might be tig/ mma
you can just go to a web site that sells tig welders and compare the dials configuration to theirs. like millers or some others that sell Inverters.

Pretty simple stuff... Im welding a mashtun (keggle) and would really appreciate if someone could translate some of the buttons and switches on my tig welder.

Pic3 characters mean "gas duration" or "gas prolonged duration"
Pic 4: switch at up position: "manual welding"
switch at down position: "argon welding"

[I don't know Chinese, a friend does]
Ray

I don't speak Chinese, but I can read Japanese and many of the characters are the same or similar.

The text below the green light/button means something like "engineering" in Japanese, but my guess is in Chinese it is more like "constructing" or "operating".

Under the yellow one, I didn't recognize the second character, but was able to look the word up in a Chinese dictionary and it says the meaning is "to defend; to protect; to safeguard".

I bet if you combine all the words together, it'll be a haiku. :D

(and yes, i know haiku's are japanese, not chinese)

"Your Dog Die, Bring Mr. Kitty" is what i get with the translation. If the warranty states you pay the shipping your screwed with the manufacture being 11K miles away. I would purchase a FURBARed Miller as parts are availble should a Miller ever need parts long before purchasing an item like a welder from China. Like the Chinese Airlines slogan, "Seen Us Drive Watch Us Fly".

"No touch here, as hot may be"

LOL! My "El Cheapo" POS but high quality from Taiwan vs China gas scooter I run around town with for 1/2 to 3 mile trips plus tease my bike cop friends vs pulling any of the show bikes out this scooter has a"Turn Off Engine Switch" a ignition kill switch. Assembly in 11 different languages, best to go at it blind than figure out their pigeon English. What happened to made in USA?

being an Optometrist in China must be a dream come true with 1.3 billion people one would be a millionaire. Go to WalGreen's and walk the isles, 98% including Thermos brand stainless coffe mugs everything they sell is from China. Back to our welder friend, I hope he stays within the duty cycle of his welder as 20% is not much for the rated amperage many welders use to sell their machines.

Sorry XXguy; i'm not what they call "normal".

What are you doing up this late, your right coast i'm left coast.
LCC; left coast Carl.

"No touch here, as hot may be"

You Go Now!, Me Want No Trouble!, You Hurry Up And Buy!

All kiding aside and this without my pain meds of suds;
I was in China back in 86 as well Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan then Japan (whew way too expensive daily). I can see and feel how these people live by trying to just make it day to day with food to survive and see a tomorrow. Sorry I was rude, we do not know how great of a nation we are and this includes our Canadian neighbors up north.
Well i'm guilty as usual with going off coarse of the OP, it's just me, sorry.

I would take that welder and just try it out with some scrap you should catch on with the controls and the results of the welds. Make notes of the different setting vs the thickness of materials welded besides the types of joints. Keep this "cheat sheet" plastic covered with the welder for reference.
Back to wacko anyone?

Watching the Olympics is my excuse

Same here watching the Olympics plus waiting for the pain pills to kick in otherwise i'm too stupid to go to bed on time. Darn Luge looks like a thrill ride bar none I would do it in a hot second if it wern't for my back injury.
Two man Luge looks too kinky to me unless it's a woman then I would have head rests.

Hey Memo; you and XXguy both belong in bed why your up so late? Bad marriage, the wife or the significant other snores too loud? God created socks for that problem. LLC.

I went to bed soon after my post, my usual bedtime. Man your still at it at 4:05am? I think you need stronger meds!

Damn Vicodins like coffee i'm wired, yeah I should turn in. I hate mornings as the stiff back plus the pain starts all over again. I get in a position and stay in it even when awake all night for 3-4 hours not moving too painful to shift positions. This sucks. Well i'll fake going to sleep. LCC.

Pic3 characters mean "gas duration" or "gas prolonged duration"
Pic 4: switch at up position: "manual welding"
switch at down position: "argon welding"

[I don't know Chinese, a friend does]
Ray

Also the first picture says "welding current" and
the two jacks above the switch read (left) "working"
and (right) "protection" (probably "ground").

Ray

Back